- Date Posted: December 14, 2021
- Location: Frankfurt, KY
- Company: Buffalo Trace Distillery
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary: Competitive
- Housing Offered: No
- Experience: 1–2 yrs
- Website: https://www.buffalotracedistillery.com/
Build your career at Sazerac! With almost 400 years of rich history, Sazerac Company has thrived as an independent, American family-owned company with operations in the United States and around the world. Since the 2000s, Sazerac has averaged double digit growth every year! Sazerac Company produces and markets the most award-winning bourbons and whiskeys in the world, including Buffalo Trace, Pappy Van Winkle, Eagle Rare, Blanton’s, and Sazerac Rye. Additionally, Sazerac owns many popular brands across a range of spirits, including Fireball, Southern Comfort, Seagram’s V.O., Myers’s, Goldschläger, Parrot Bay, 99 Brand, and Platinum Vodka.
We’re proud of our award-winning culture and distilleries. Our Louisville office has been named one of the “Best Places to Work in Kentucky” four times, and our Buffalo Trace Distillery has earned the title of “world’s most award-winning distillery” through the dedication of our craftsmen for well over 200 years. Whether you’re a recent graduate or an experienced professional, Sazerac provides extraordinary opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, entrepreneurial industry.
The Distillery Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the distilling operation according to the standards set by federal, state and local agencies and company policy; coordinates necessary maintenance actions to maintain production; monitors production to ensure that the schedule is met; responsible for solving production related problems; and manages employees working in the department.
Shift And Rotation
Rotate every 4 weeks between the below shifts:
- M-W 6a-6p, every other Sunday
- Th-Sat 6a-6p, every other Sunday
- M-W 6p-6a, every other Sunday
- Th-Sat 6p-6a, every other Sunday
- Supervise and develop up to 35 union employees and operations of the distillery, dryhouse, powerhouse. Implement a $25 million dollar dept. budget to ensure that all parameters are met and production needs are met in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ensure all Personal Protective Equipment policies, training, documentation and procedures are met. Direct safety meetings for 3 departments and inspire employee development and involvement.
- Implement Continuous Improvement techniques and systems to improve Distillery Operations. Identify opportunities within the processes and develop plans to implement improvements. Collaborate with engineering to assist CI projects.
- Ensure that all quality control parameters are met. Make decisions to change the operation to improve quality or consistency. Ensure adherence to Personal Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Environmental Policies and Practices.
- Recommends ideas to reduce costs and improve output. Ensures production efficiency is within cost standards; tracks efficiencies, quality and production data to improve yields without sacrificing quality. Analyzes and resolves problems related to efficiency, processes, material, scrap and waste.
- Maintain inventory using our manufacturing system and improving other existing systems to automate the process. Develop subordinates to assist in keeping accurate inventory. Learn and understand the Barrel Program system. Align with customers and understand their needs to develop the relationships for the future.
- Create, monitor and establish automated systems to manage compliance data and regulations. Update the Environmental Management System to demonstrate compliance. Monitor and understand current and new regulations.
- Provide regular personal development feedback to develop the employees and improve operations.
- Develop the Distillery Preventive Maintenance program. Update and improve the reporting process using the Maintenance System (MP2) to include working schedules and repair plans. Ensure that the future needs are documented and implemented. Supervise daily activity for at least 7 skilled maintenance techs.
- Develop and integrate a 5 yr capex plan. Develop a 10 yr capex plan. Monitor and adjust budgets as necessary to ensure capex plans are implemented.
- Minimum of an Engineering or related degree
- 1+ years of related, supervisor experience
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- 2+ years relevant experience in a fast-paced environment
- Experience managing in a union environment
- Record of successful leadership