The Little Nell
The Objective of the program is to enhance the food product knowledge of the student and to provide an overall understanding of the operation and its outlets through training and exposure. Depending upon individual initiative, previous work experience and business demands, each Intern/Extern will be assigned to one or all of the stations within the culinary department. The Little Nell Culinary department is made up of several outlets: Element 47 Kitchen, Ajax Kitchen, Banquet Kitchen, Pastry Kitchen, Sundeck, and Aspen Mountain Club.
- The intern/extern reports directly to the Executive Sous Chef/ Sous Chef of that area. That person through the use of the school evaluation form as well as a hotel performance evaluation will evaluate you.
- Rotation depends upon the business demand, the intern/externs initiative & performance.
- Must report to the shift on time.
- Must maintain a professional grooming standard.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to stand for several hours at a time and be able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Must practice correct FIFO and Sanitation procedures
- Responsible for labeling of all products and cleanliness of the walk-in coolers and freezer.
- Must comply with all policies and procedures for the Food and Beverage Department, The Little Nell, and Aspen Ski Company.
- Must practice proper product utilization with minimal waste.
- The intern/extern must be flexible to work overtime hours, possibly in other culinary departments when business demands.
- Required to fill out daily mise en place lists at the end of the shift when working a station.
- Must maintain station and area cleanliness throughout shift and clean work area at shifts end.
- Responsible for assisting all team members in organization of kitchen items, to include, dry goods, kitchen equipment, storage containers, cleaning supplies and proper rotation and organization of all food deliveries.
- Interns/Externs as any employee candidate of Aspen Ski Company may be required to pass a drug test prior to completing the hiring process.
- Interns/Externs are required to bring their own knives. We provide whisks, spatulas, spoons and ladles. We also provide uniforms and a cleaning service. The guidelines of daily issuing of uniforms are reviewed in orientation.
- Every new employee must complete a 6-hour orientation program.
- Interns/Externs need to arrange housing prior to their arrival whether it is through employee housing or on their own-we do not provide rooms in the hotel for employees. Employee housing is a first come first serve basis.
- The student must have at least 6 months of culinary experience
- Communication skills
- Knowledge of safe exercise technique and principles
- Good people skills with people of all ages
- Ability to deal with a diversity of individuals
To view full job description, and to apply, click link below: