- Date Posted: March 16, 2022
- Location: Lyman, New Hampshire
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary: $17 / hour + tips
- Housing Offered: Yes
- Experience: Some experience required
- Website: http://www.ogontzwhitemountains.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (603) 991-4553
Includes: All housing, utilities, access to the onsite laundry room and detergent, use of all property amenities (swimming, kayaks, canoes, paddleboards, hiking trails, tennis, volleyball, basketball) when not working or used by guests. WiFi is available and free but limited to areas of service on the property.
Salary: $17/hr + tips (housing is FREE and included NOT deducted)
Perks: Shift Meals, 5 Day work week, End of Season Bonus
Dates Needed: May 13th – November 1 (Required to be able to work the entire season. Cannot accept short term/summer applicants)
Number of Positions Available: 6-8
Ogontz is an over 300-acre wedding/event venue, restaurant, limited resort, and host to specialty camps in the White Mountains of New Hampshire during a season that runs from May 13th through the end of October. Located on Ogontz Lake, it has over 70 rustic log cabins that range from open-air Adirondacks, historic en suite cabins, and larger cabins with all modern amenities. Ogontz has miles of established hiking trails, a private swim dock, and area, non-motorized water sports, tennis courts with basketball, grass volleyball courts, large streams running through the property, fishing on the lake, its own woodshop, kid’s play area, a restaurant, and a large event hall. The casual service restaurant is open limited hours Wednesday through Sunday serving only dinner Wednesday through Saturday and Brunch on Sunday when there are no events. During July and into August we host camps and provide 3 meals a day and lodging. During camps and events, the cafe is open to guests and includes selling espresso drinks, baked goods, alcoholic and nonalcoholic drinks, snacks, and merchandise.
We are looking for cooks with some experience in banquet/large volume prep for events and buffets and working on a line in a la carte restaurants. Our kitchen switches between different foodservice operations during our season including basic buffet foods, a la carte restaurant ordering for dinner and brunch, and specialty wedding and event catering on site. Each shift includes a 30 min lunch break paid. Shifts available are during the day and night depending on that week’s schedule. Shift meals are available when the restaurant is open and staff is able to take food from any buffet meals during shift after the guest meal concludes. Non-slip shoes are required. Aprons and chef jackets provided.
- Basic knife skills and ability to use common commercial kitchen equipment
- Understanding of food safety requirements. ServSafe certification is a plus.
- Ability to read and execute recipes (Kitchen Manager is hands-on to assist in teaching)
- Ability to work 8-9 hour shifts on your feet
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Values punctuality and efficiency in the workplace
- Loves food and is eager to learn new cooking methods and recipes!
- A team player who enjoys working with others collaboratively to make every meal experience amazing for guests