- Date Posted: March 17, 2022
- Location: Luray, Virginia
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary: $15 / hour
- Housing Offered: Yes
- Experience: Some experience required
- Website: http://www.goshenandoah.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (877) 847-1919
Delaware North Parks and Resorts is searching for Cooks to join our team at Shenandoah National Park, Virginia.
Cook positions at Shenandoah start at $15.00/hr.
Some location may implement a vaccination requirement in the future if required by federal, state, local law.
- Follow supervisor’s assignments for opening and closing procedures, as well as food production.
- Prepare food and beverage products for customers by following recipe guidelines, using proper preparation techniques, and sanitation guidelines.
- Set up and operation of kitchen equipment.
- Clean equipment properly according to correct procedures.
- Keep workstation clean, organized, sanitized, and sufficiently stocked.
- Work cooperatively with co-workers and management.
- Attentive and detailed oriented.
- Ability to read and understand recipes and food abbreviations.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to follow procedures and take directions; work as a team player.
- Basic math skills, with the ability to calculate and follow recipe measurements and proportions.
- Able to stand for long periods of time including bending, lifting, reaching, and stretching.
- Able to lift 20lbs or more.
- Ability to move rapidly and coordinate multiple orders.
- Exposed to variable temperatures.
Who We Are
Shenandoah National Park offers over 200,000 acres of protected lands with lots to explore including cascading waterfalls, spectacular vistas, quiet wooded hollows. It’s a great place to hike, camp, bike, fish, take photographs or go canoeing. We offer on-site housing and a free meal during every shift.
At Delaware North, you’ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen – share our vision and grow with us.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.