- Date Posted: July 23, 2022
- Location: Greenough, Montana
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary: $20 / hour
- Housing Offered: Yes
- Experience: Some experience required
- Website: http://www.pawsup.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (406) 345-0201
The Resort at Paws Up is America’s premier luxury ranch resort. Set on a 37,000-acre ranch, Paws Up embodies the spirit of the American West with constant innovation and evolution to deliver the quintessential luxury experience for affluent and influential travelers from all over the world. It’s a family-owned and award-winning destination that truly inspires.
We are currently hiring for a Chief Pitmaster to join our Culinary team at our newest, fully outdoor dining venue – The Shed! The role of the Chief Pitmaster is to exemplify the standards of high-quality BBQ ranging from live fire cooking to precise execution of various smoked meats and menu items. You will deliver superior internal and external hospitality, and exhibit and embrace an outgoing, proactive approach to guest service. The Chief Pitmaster must have strong, essential leadership skills to motivate and educate team members.
The role of the Line Cook is to prepare food items for food outlets according to designed menus, recipes and sample photographs.
Primary Functions and Responsibilities
- Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards, and food preparation checklist
- Set-up and break down workstation
- Operate ovens, stoves, grills, microwaves, and fryers
- Test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently
- Monitor food quality while preparing food
- Serve food in proper portions onto proper receptacles
- Wash and disinfect kitchen area, tables, tools, knives, and equipment
- Check and ensure the correctness of the temperature of appliances and food
- Follow all kitchen safety policies and procedures
Supportive Functions and Responsibilities
- Display hospitality and professionalism to our guests and team members at all times, take pride in representing The Resort at Paws Up professionally with our guests and assure that all transactions with guests are handled in a legal, ethical, and confidential manner.
- Maintain a favorable working relationship with all Resort team members to foster and promote a positive working environment.
- Maintain a clean and neat appearance at all times.
- Perform work in a safe and high-quality manner.
Educational, Experience, Licensure Required
- High school diploma, GED or vocational training or job-related course work; Certificate in culinary arts or relevant field
- Two years experience as a Cook/Line Cook in a resort or fine dining setting
- Knowledge of world class hospitality and service
- Valid Food Handler’s License
- Valid State Driver’s License
The positions offered are seasonal and located in Greenough, MT. The Resort at Paws Up offers great benefits including carpool reimbursement, company shuttle from Missoula, MT, employee discounts, employee meals, and more! For more information about Paws Up, visit www.pawsup.com.