- Date Posted: October 23, 2022
- Location: Grand Canyon, Arizona
- Salary: $14.20 - $15.75 / hour
- Housing Offered: Yes
- Experience: No experience required
- Website: https://www.xanterrajobs.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (303) 600-3400
Join our Food & Beverage team at Grand Canyon National Park!
Enthusiastic about crafting an extraordinary dining experience? The Grand Canyon South Rim has a range of opportunities as expansive as the canyon itself. We operate a steakhouse, fine and casual dining rooms, grab-n-go options, a coffee house, a tavern, and an employee dining room.
As a cook, you will play an essential role in creating memorable experiences for our guests. We are open to training entry-level candidates.
Position Types: Seasonal and Year-round
Start Date: Immediate is preferred but flexible
Wages: Pay ranges from $14.20 to $15.75 depending on experience
The Perks and Benefits:
- Free employee housing is available through December 21, 2022!
- Employee Cafeteria available at reduced rates on a pay-as-you-go system
- Free wifi and computer access
- Free laundry facilities
- Free access to the community rec center and sports courts
- $10/month access to the fitness center
- Benefits are offered to full-time year-round employees
- Employee Learning and Development Programs
- Employee discounts on lodging, retail, and food and beverage products at all Xanterra Park locations
Why The Grand Canyon South Rim?
One of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World, the Grand Canyon is a spectacular and iconic destination. As an employee, you are invited to experience all the Grand Canyon has to offer – from incredible sunsets and sunrises to the hundreds of miles of trails great for hiking, biking, camping, and photography to mule rides, rafting, and train tours.
Join our team and find a welcoming community of employees who work hard, share a real passion for the environment, and enjoy creating memorable experiences for our guests.
Cooks should anticipate working across all stations and using all kitchen equipment. Depending on the venue, batch production, high volume ala carte, prep, pantry, and dish tasks will vary.
- Responsible for the quality, food safety/sanitation, and timeliness of dishes served.
- Ensure consistency in techniques to be used for proper food preparation, portioning, and plating as outlined in recipes, product rotation, and mise en place.
- Prepares a variety of food items using knives, electric mixers, ovens, fryers, gas stoves, griddles, and broilers.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.