- Date Posted: December 18, 2022
- Location: Death Valley, California
- Salary: $17.50 - $20 / hour
- Housing Offered: Yes
- Experience: No experience required
- Website: https://www.xanterrajobs.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (303) 600-3400
Death Valley comes alive in the fall!
Enthusiastic about crafting an extraordinary dining experience? Available for all levels of cooks, the Oasis at Death Valley has a range of opportunities as expansive as this unique national park. We operate an upscale steakhouse, casual dining options, Inn Dining Room, 19th Hole golf course bar and grill, new Ice Cream Parlor, and employee dining room.
As a cook, you will play an essential role in creating memorable experiences for our guests. Our leaders are passionate about developing talent. If you are looking to grow your skills and career, we want you!
Cooks should anticipate working across all stations and using all kitchen equipment. Depending on the venue, you can anticipate working multiple stations that include batch production, high volume ala carte, prep, pantry, and banquets.
Start Date: Immediate, but can be flexible
Position Types: Year-Round or seasonal
Pay:$17.50 – $20.00/hr
The Perks and Benefits:
- FREE employee housing through December 21, 2022
- Free breakfast and lunch with $4 dinners in the Employee Dining Room
- Free wifi
- Free laundry facilities
- Free access to pool, golf course, rec center, gym and sports courts
- Benefits are offered to full-time year-round employees
- Onsite Training and Employee Learning and Development Programs
- Employee discounts on lodging, retail, and food and beverage products at all Xanterra Park locations
- Responsible for the quality, food safety/sanitation, and timeliness of meals prepared.
- Ensure consistency in techniques to be used for proper food preparation, portioning and plating as outlined in recipes, product rotation and mise en place.
- Prepares a variety of food items using knives, electric mixers, ovens, fryers, gas stoves, griddles, and broilers.
- We prefer at least one year of previous cooking experience in a high-volume ala carte or batch production setting or relevant schooling