- Date Posted: October 3, 2023
- Location: Atmore, Alabama
- Company: Forefront Healthcare & Culinary Services
- Salary: $12.00 - $15.00 an hour
- Website: https://forefronthealthcare.com
- Email: support@@forefronthealthcare.com
- Phone: (800) 684-6450
Forefront Healthcare & Culinary Services
Come be part of an exciting team at Forefront Healthcare and elevate the experience for those you serve! We have an opportunity in Atmore, AL for a Full-time Cook! You will be part of an amazing community where you will work alongside a great culinary team!
Very important – Background checks and drug screening will be conducted.
The benefits are amazing! – Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Paid Sick Time, Paid Vacation Time, 401(k), EAP, Paid holidays!!!
The Cook prepares food in accordance with current applicable federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations, with established policies and procedures and assuring patient safety. Assists in all preparation of resident, family, and employee meals, helps deliver and take orders as needed. May be directed by the GM and/or Executive Chef.
Essential Job Functions:
- Follows standardized recipes, portioning, menu extensions, and presentation standards.
- Completes and utilizes daily production worksheets and waste log sheets.
- Tastes completed meals to ensure quality standards.
- Monitor temperature of hot and cold foods through food preparation and service to ensure that established temperature goals are met prior to steam table transfer and maintained throughout meal service.
- In the absence of the Executive Chef, checks and inspects food products and supplies as delivered.
- Supervise and assist in storage of supplies and food products.
- Notify General Manager, supplies or equipment needs, report equipment breakdowns and unsafe conditions to General Manager.
- Complies with federal, state, and local health and sanitation regulations and department sanitation procedures as evidenced through local health department and third-party audits.
- Perform other department duties assigned by GM/Executive Chef.