- Date Posted: January 17, 2022
- Location: , St Simons Island, Georgia
- Company: Little St. Simons Island
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary: $17 / hour
- Housing Offered: Yes
- Experience: 1–2 yrs
- Website: http://www.littlestsimonsisland.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (912) 638-7472
Little St. Simons Island
Little St. Simons Island is one of the crown jewels of Georgia’s famed Golden Isles and offers 7 miles of pristine beaches and 11, 000 acres of undeveloped wilderness for exploration and relaxation. Privately owned and accessible only by boat, Little St. Simons Island is an all-inclusive, eco-lodge with just 16 guest rooms to accommodate up to 32 overnight guests. The island is a paradise for nature lovers and offers a host of recreational, naturalist-led adventures including birding, boating, kayaking, hiking, bicycling, interpretive tours, beachcombing, fishing, and swimming.
As an integral part of the island experience, the F&B department will strive to provide excellence in table fare, service, and gracious southern hospitality. Although the emphasis at LSSI is on nature, the F&B team plays a critical role in our guests visit. The department should maintain high standards for from scratch cuisine, service orientation, efficiency, and most of all sustainability.
We are looking for a skilled cook to assist with our culinary operation. The Little Saint Simons kitchen prepares from scratch seasonal foods daily for guests and staff. We use our very own herb and vegetable garden as much as possible and actively work to promote sustainability and use of local sources. We are looking for a full time live on Cook who is familiar with plated banquet style service.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Expertly cook meals for guests and staff
- Assist in menu planning and development
- Create and complete prep lists based off of planned menus
- Willingness to help in all areas of the F&B operation, this includes serving and clearing meals, and helping with dishes after.
- Working closely with the chef to determine timelines on tasks
- Provide excellent dining experiences, food, and service
- Follow all health codes
- Help manage inventory, costs, and sustainability
- Maintain a high standard for sanitation and organization in the kitchen
- Willingness to communicate and work as a team to accomplish goals
- Prior knowledge or experience in front of house service, a major plus
Skills and Qualifications
- Proven experience as cook
- Pastry knowledge or willingness to learn pastry a plus!
- Knowledge of various cooking procedures and methods
- Ability to follow all sanitation procedures in high detail
- Able to provide service with a smile
- Ability to work as a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to take and follow direction
- High energy and stamina
- Flexibility- ability to cover different needs in the kitchen and ability to adjust to changes
- Sense of urgency- during meal rush we need quick, efficient staff
- Hospitality- the south is known for it and we promote this fully.
- Team builder- we are a close knit staff community and we support each other.
- Accountability, professionalism, organization, and a strong work ethic
- Ability to live on Little Saint Simons Island full time.
We provide housing to our on island staff. Housing consists of a 1 bedroom, 1 bath, private apartment and all utilities. a health, vision, and dental insurance plan, 401k plan, life insurance, and a daily meals.
Compensation: $17 hourly DOE
Please email resume and cover letter to Jamie Pasur: [email protected]