- Date Posted: November 7, 2023
- Location: Fairbanks, Alaska
- Company: Foundation Health, LLC
Company ContactApply Online Now
Foundation Health, LLC
About Fairbanks Memorial Hospital
Fairbanks Memorial Hospital is a non-profit facility owned by the Greater Fairbanks Community Hospital Foundation. A Joint Commission-accredited facility with 152 licensed beds, Fairbanks Memorial Hospital is the primary referral center for residents of Alaska’s interior with a strong patient-to-nurse ratio and Shared Leadership Infrastructure. In addition to our exceptional clinical environment, our location offers incomparable lifestyle rewards away from work. In Fairbanks, small-town living, spectacular natural beauty and endless recreation combine to create a one-of-a-kind place to live, work and play.
- Prepares and cooks hot and cold food items using standardized recipes and calculates production quantities based on production forecast, tally sheets and catering orders.
- May be assigned to work in the retail cafe grill area, and/or cook breakfast items.
- Records over production and run outs. Writes directions and calculates production quantities.
- Checks and logs food and equipment temperatures and reports any problems to the supervisor. Reports all needed equipment repair.
- Maintains par levels of food and supplies in assigned areas, orders and/or restocks items in accordance with established routines, rotates food stocks, checks freshness dates.
- Keeps assigned work areas clean and in an orderly manner.
- Assists other kitchen and dietary staff as needed and assigned. May oversee the scheduled shift for efficiency.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Foundation Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
This position requires the knowledge and abilities in institutional food production normally acquired with one or more years of work experience in production cooking. Must be able to learn and follow established policies and procedures, read and understand written and verbal instruction, communicate effectively, and perform simple math calculations. Must be able to learn food handling regulations and pass certification tests as required. Must possess good interpersonal skills and be able to perform tasks within limited time frames. Must be able to follow production and cleaning schedules, use chemicals safely, read thermometers and follow safety requirements.
All onsite food service equipment including stoves, ovens, steam-jacketed kettles, tilt skillet, broiler, steam table, grill, deep fryer, slicer, Buffalo Chopper, mixer, food carts, dish racks, cleaning equipment and hazardous chemicals used in cleaning and sanitation.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.