- Date Posted: November 7, 2023
- Location: Santa Barbara, California
- Company: Maravilla Santa Barbara
- Salary: $25 - $28 an hour
Company ContactApply Online Now
Maravilla Santa Barbara
The Lead Cook will accurately and efficiently prepare, portion, cook, and present a variety of hot and/or cold food items for various meal periods: to include Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and potentially Special/Catered Events, as well as provide supervision of the kitchen and dietary staff. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Maravilla may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements.
- Lead preparation and execution of daily specials.
- Supervises staff and food production operations ensuring workflows are efficient and all standards are met. Provides direct supervision in the kitchen during food preparation to monitor processes, ensure consistency in food production and appropriate prep levels, ensure optimization of service to reduce wait times.
- Prepares and cooks to order foods requiring short and broader preparation time.
- Tastes products, reads menus, estimates food requirements, checks production, and keeps records in order to accurately plan production Maravilla, client and regulatory rules and procedures.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.