- Date Posted: October 2, 2023
- Location: Layton, Utah
- Company: Intermountain Healthcare
Company ContactApply Online Now
Full-Time (40 hrs/wk)
COOKS, healthcare has changed! At our Intermountain hospital, we don’t serve hospital food, we serve world class cuisine! Entry pay starts at $17.17 per hour, but with your professional experience, you can earn much more. We offer flexible schedules and awesome benefits! Want to become a Certified Chef? Intermountain Healthcare offers education assistance for those who are benefits eligible.
This position provide a great work-life balance with high quality benefits. Intermountain offers generous paid time off accruals and encourages caregivers to use it on a regular basis. There are opportunities to cook in following areas: retail, room service, catering, grill cook, or display cook.
We not only serve our caregivers and patients, but we also cater to high profile guests and special events. There are opportunities to learn from experienced classically trained Chefs while on the line in the banquet or production kitchens.
- Pay Rate: $17.17 + Depending on Experience
- Shift Details: Full-Time (40 hrs/wk). Will work primarily Monday – Friday (9:00am – 5:30pm)
Note: Will need to have availability earlier (6am) or later (9pm), or on weekends as catering needs demand. Includes Rotating holidays.
- Department: Culinary Services at Layton Hospital
- Additional Details: Knowledge of cooking basics and / or formal Culinary training is a plus . Will cross train in all Kitchen positions.
- Understands work flow, prioritizes, uses timelines, understands deadlines
- Follows recipes and/or instructions in the preparation of food items
- Appropriately utilizes commercial cooking equipment
- Understands and prepares modified diets using appropriate techniques
- Follows HACCP food safety standards
- Maintains an organized and sanitary working environment
- Maintains proper quantities of production with appropriate rotation of product
- Safe food handling techniques are handled in all applications
- Interacts with customers in any venue-catering, retail outlets or patient care
- May prepare: bulk food items, large scale production, line cook or complete assembly of specialty meals and catered items
May be required to deliver patient meals, cashier, stock, use automatic and manual ware-washing machines
- Food Handler’s Permit as required by county.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and part of a team.
Demonstrated ability to follow instructions.
- Experience in hotels, large-scale production facilities, education or business dining, one year of food service experience.
- Interact with patients and co-workers requiring the employee to verbally communicate information, as well as understand spoken information.
- Operate food service equipment or computer requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read labels, monitors, and documents.
- Carry, push/pull, and walk while transporting food, supplies, and service equipment
- Climb, squat, kneel, and lift to clean equipment and reach and retrieve food and supplies.
- Remain standing for long periods of time to perform work.
- Tolerate extremes in temperature such as performing work at a grill or in a refrigerator, and tolerate exposure to cleaning chemicals.
Anticipated job posting close date:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
The hourly range for this position is listed below. Actual hourly rate dependent upon experience.
$17.17 – $22.32
We care about your well-being – mind, body, and spirit – which is why we provide our caregivers a generous benefits package that covers a wide range of programs to foster a sustainable culture of wellness that encompasses living healthy, happy, secure, connected, and engaged.
Learn more about our comprehensive benefits packages for our Idaho, Nevada, and Utah based caregivers , and for our Colorado, Montana, and Kansas based caregivers ; and our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion .
Intermountain Health is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.