- Date Posted: April 4, 2022
- Location: Standish, Maine
- Company: Camp Alsing
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary: $1,500 / month
- Housing Offered: Yes
- Experience: Some experience needed
- Website: http://www.campalsing.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (207) 805-4155
Camp Alsing is an overnight summer camp in Maine for young people, ages 9-22, who are looking for a traditional summer camp experience but need support with executive functioning, social cognition, and anxiety management. We help campers expand their boundaries in a traditional camp environment.
At Alsing, we have high expectations of our counselors (we call them “Coaches”) and in return, we commit to providing coaches with solid training and the opportunity to have a transformative summer experience that will impact them both personally and professionally. Being a camp counselor is exhausting and incredibly rewarding. If you love working with people and are ready for an incredible summer experience – please be in touch!
Coaches are mentors and role models for campers and are also the primary caretaker for their assigned small group of campers. Coaches live in a college dorm setting with campers and co-counselors. Coaches eat meals with the campers, and participate in activities with and guide campers throughout the day.
- Creating a fun, exciting environment of activities and learning that inspire community, flexibility, and growth
- Participation in a variety of outdoor and indoor activities such as theater games, athletics, board games, swimming, and boating
- Uses training provided by Camp Alsing to help campers grow in their executive functioning, social cognition, and anxiety management skills
- Facilitate the development of a connected, engaged small group
- Manages, with assistance from the other camp leaders, the daily schedule of activities for camp
- Write weekly reports for assigned campers
- Participation in week-long on-site staff training prior to the camp session.
- Other duties, as assigned
Room and Board provided, PTO, travel stipend
5-week position, $1500 stipend in the first year, increases with additional responsibilities and for returning staff
Internships and field-work opportunities are available.
Dates: June 21 – July 31, 2022 Location: Standish, Maine
At Alsing, we hope to build a community of staff and campers with a diversity of experiences and identities, from all walks of life. We strive to create an equitable environment that builds awareness of and works against traditional biases – understanding this takes long-term work but enriches the camp experience for us all.