- Date Posted: December 21, 2021
- Location: , Peru, VT
- Company: JJ Hapgoods
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary: Competitive
- Housing Offered: Yes
- Website: http://www.jjhapgoods.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: 802-779-4675
Housing available! We have a unique opening in our kitchen for just the right person to join our team. JJ Hapgood is a much-beloved community food hub in the mountains of Southern Vermont and we want to hear from you if you are passionate about crafting delicious food from local ingredients, are responsible and reliable, and you have great situational awareness.
Some of your responsibilities include:
• Provide excellent quality and presentation of all food to the guests in a timely manner.
• Stock and maintain sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
• Order and inventory management in collaboration with Executive Chef
• Menu Item specifications, including preparation, execution, and presentation will be provided to you.
• Know and comply consistently with standard portions, cooking methods, quality standards, kitchen rules, policies, and procedures.
• Prevent the spoiling and contamination of foods by implementing proper sanitation practices while ensuring compliance with policy and health regulations and in uniform.
• Maintain a clean workstation area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range, and refrigeration equipment.
• Assist in the daily cleaning of the pantry, cooking line, prep kitchen, dish area, stairs, walk-in, and prep area.
• Monitor and Report any maintenance or repairs needed to the Executive Chef.