Nantahala Outdoor Center (NOC)
Come and spend your summer on the river at Nantahala Outdoor Center (NOC)! The position of River Guide is a great opportunity to work on a new technical skill-set while growing your leadership, communication and teamwork skills.
River Guide applicants must be at least 18 years of age prior to their start date, and have current First Aid and CPR certifications. This is a physically demanding position and is classified as summer seasonal. Due to the seasonal demand of our business, we are looking for applicants that are available for a minimum of 3 months and are available to work until, at least, August 12th. Applicants with shorter availability may still be considered based on hiring needs.
Required: Minimum availability between June 15 and August 10
- Occassionally guide through rapids with crews of varying size, age, and number; understanding and implementing risk-reduction in navigation, communication, and decision-making
- Communicate with guests about local area information, other NOC activities and offerings, river and trip information, and providing general entertainment
- Provide top-notch guest service to all guests, before, after, and during their trip
- Participate in off-the-water tasks, including moving, loading and unloading rafts, assisting guests with gear, delivering instructional talks, and washing and organizing gear and equipment
- Other tasks as assigned and based on qualifications, such as: driving vehicles, repair and maintenance of gear or facilities, guest check-in, and assisting other NOC departments
Working Conditions & Job Demands:
- Must be physically capable of maneuvering rafts for the duration of the season both on the water by steering and guiding and on land by carrying and lifting
- Applicants should be able to lift 50lbs repetively
- Applicants should be comfortable sitting in raft for long periods of time and standing for long periods of time as well as able to bend, stoop and twist
- Applicants should be comfortable working outside in varying weather conditions (heat, cold, wind, rain)
- Due to the seasonal nature of this position, hours and schedule will vary from week to week based on business demands
To view full job description, additional job requirements, and to apply, visit link here: https://careers-nantahala.icims.com/jobs/1230/river-guide—chattahoochee/job
About the NOC:
For 48+ years NOC has led the outdoor industry, taking more guests whitewater rafting and teaching more paddlers than any other outdoor recreation company. NOC also provides top-quality aerial and trail-based adventures, wilderness medicine as well as unmatched retail service, foodservice, lodging, and trip planning services. Behind NOC’s success is our staff’s commitment to our five core values: Lead by Example, Service Before Self, Do the Right Thing, Work Hard/Play Hard and Make it Happen. These core values unite a community of leaders and pioneers in an exciting, fun and always changing work environment.
NOC career opportunities offer a rare combination of work in beautiful locations, a chance to grow skills and to share a passion for active outdoor recreation. Ideal candidates are leaders in the workplace that wish to join a unique, values-driven organization. They aspire to excellence in their fields and disciplines and they demonstrate a commitment to the service of others. Above all, they want to provide guests with unforgettable experiences. If this sounds like you, we hope you’ll apply to join the NOC team.