- Date Posted: April 29, 2022
- Location: Yosemite National Park, California
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary: $15 / hour
- Housing Offered: Yes
- Experience: No experience required
- Website: https://hmcareers.aramark.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (209) 372-1022
HOUSING AVAILABLE for less than $20/week with proof of vaccination status!
Start dates from now through summer 2022!
Yosemite National Park is located in Central California in the Sierra Mountains. Yosemite National Park is one of the first National Parks and offers a variety of experiences for all. Communal housing less than $20/week, with shared bathroom, kitchen, free laundry, employee programs, rec center, and more!
There’s so much to love about Yosemite National Park – the ultimate outdoor playground — year-round. Surrounded by natural beauty, seemingly endless wilderness, sheer cliffs, and remarkable tranquility, a spirit of discovery will well up inside you. With a multitude of restaurants and hotels and a year-round rotation of events and activities, Yosemite has endless opportunities!
Taking a job with us offers a unique opportunity to live, work and play here. With a variety of locations and properties such as the historic Ahwahnee Hotel, Yosemite Valley Lodge, Wawona Lodge, Curry Village, White Wolf Lodge, Tuolumne Meadows, and more, there’s something for everyone here.
Cashiers are responsible for accurately processing merchandise transactions, maintaining the balance of the cash drawer, and maintaining their assigned work locations, while providing excellent customer service.
What is a day-in-the-life of a cashier?
• Accurately operate a register/POS and handle cash and credit card transactions.
• Greet and assist customers while anticipating their needs
• Count, organize and balance cash drawer, fill out the cashier slip and make deposits
• Adheres to Aramark’s cash handling policies and procedures
• Understand and be knowledgeable of the merchandise for sale to assist customers and accurately process transactions
• Complete opening and closing procedures as assigned for unit based on operating hours
• Maintain a clean and sanitary work environment during service and at the end of shift.
• Ensure product in location is stocked to appropriate levels throughout service and replenish items as needed.
• Follow all safety policies and procedures
This job profile does not contain a comprehensive listing of all required activities, duties, or responsibilities. Job duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Who are we looking for?
• Previous customer service experience preferred, but not a must! We will train you!
• Previous cash handling experience preferred, also not a must because we will provide training.
• Basic math & counting skills required
• Must be able to work independently with limited supervision
• Complete Food Handler and Alcohol Service trainings as required by location
This role may have physical demands including, but not limited to, lifting, bending, pushing, pulling and/or extended walking and standing. This role may also require uniforms and/or usage of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).