- Date Posted: March 20, 2022
- Location: Death Valley, California
- Company: Panamint Springs Resort
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary: $16 / hour
- Housing Offered: Yes
- Experience: Some experience required
- Website: http://www.panamintsprings.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (775) 482-7680
Panamint Springs is focused on providing a positive guest experience to all visitors who come through our privately owned and operated desert oasis. Whether stopping through for gas or looking for a cozy place to sleep, the guest experience is our first priority.
We are looking for someone who is outgoing and friendly to fill the position of our Front Desk/Gift Shop Clerk. Job duties include greeting customers with a smile, answering the phone, and conducting business transactions for the lodging, gas station, and gift shop. Candidates must be able to provide useful visitor information for guests passing through the area. Clerks will also be trained to make and serve both hand-made milkshakes and hand-dipped ice cream to guests. It is required that candidates are able to take on multiple roles within their positions.
We offer single occupancy housing on-site for employees.
- Aid gas station and retail/gift shop customers.
- Create lodging reservations for potential guests in the motel and campground.
- Check guests into their accommodations.
- Answer e-mails and phone calls pertaining to visitor information, reservations, and cancellations.
- Keep track of and restock inventory items for sale.
- Offer tourist information for visitors traveling from around the world.
- Take on light janitorial responsibilities within the general store – maintaining cleanliness at the front desk/gift shop and gift shop restroom facilities.
- Will be required to take on some food service responsibilities, including making milkshakes.
- Fulfill additional tasks as needed and defined by the gift shop and lodging managers as well as the general manager.
- Occasionally, you may be asked to help with other facilities on the property.
- Understanding of computer functions, as clerks must actively work on separate computer systems – gas station authorization computer, merchandising machine, reservations software, and basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- Some previous cashier experience to ease the challenges of working multiple cash registers – gas, merchandise and motel registers.
- Guest service-oriented mindset and strong communication skills, as clerks are speaking with guests from around the world who are traveling through the desolate landscape of Death Valley National Park.
- Able to effectively multi-task. Clerks are expected to navigate the different facets of working the front desk, gas station/gift shop platform, as well as offering milkshakes and other food items and gift items to guests.
To be considered for this position applicants must be able to read and write and have a high school diploma or GED certificate. Upon being hired, applicants must earn their ServSafe certification or Food Handler’s card for the state of California. Applicants must be able to work well with others and work as a team. Friendly disposition and a willingness to help and go above and beyond to complete the guest experience at Panamint Springs. There is potential to work past the season and the potential for promotion.
Our Guest Mission Statement:
“To maximize our guest’s experience through promoting their connection to our location and surrounding areas. We will provide a comfortable base camp where guests can retreat to the comforts of civilization after a day of exploration. We will promote this connection to the natural surrounding through informative interaction with our guests, showcasing the area’s natural and historic features, and providing comfortable accommodations amenities and spectating points.”
Our Company Mission Statement:
“To ensure that every visitor to the resort has a positive and memorable experience by providing outstanding service and treating all visitors as our personal guests.”