Noble View Outdoor Center
The Noble View Caretaker reports to and works closely with the Director of Lodging Operations and assists in all aspects of the facility operation which is in Russell, Massachusetts. Duties will include but are not limited to acting as ‘resident host’ at the site, attending to the needs of members and visitors, and maintenance of the buildings and grounds. They are responsible for all daily operations and is therefore expected to maintain of hospitality and meal service standards.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Provide all guest service needs for all who stay on and visit the property.
- Provide direction to any additional employees assigned to the location.
- Facility maintenance
- Contractor and utilities coordination
- Capital project coordination with AMC staff
- Campground maintenance
- Road maintenance and snow removal
- Assist with trail maintenance
- Maintain the fleet of vehicles assigned to the property
- Year-Round Housekeeping and custodial maintenance
- Hiker services as needed
- On-call hours – primary person with residence on property
- Assist with guest meal service as directed
- Promote AMC Membership to all guests and visitors. Assist with membership sales and incentive programs.
- Responsible for overall cleanliness and attractiveness of all facilities.
- Maintain and promote AMC standards in all forms of hospitality.
- Perform all additional duties and tasks as assigned
- A college degree is preferred; Equivalent outdoor education, program and facility management training and experience may be substituted for the college degree.
- Ability to work a varied schedule and spend nights at Nobleview on a regular weekly basis as scheduled. Living on-site at Nobleview in provided staff quarters is the preferred option.
- Exceptional public service skills and a commitment to the mission of the Appalachian Mountain Club.
- Ability to perform general maintenance tasks.
- Prior food service experience is required.
- Success in performing a wide range assigned tasks.
Physical abilities needed:
- Ability to operate maintenance equipment. Ability to travel safely in the backcountry in all weather conditions, carrying a pack may be required at times.
- Ability to operate standard office computers and machines, plus maintenance equipment. Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds at the Lodge and in the backcountry. Ability to travel safely in the backcountry in all weather conditions.
To view full job description, and to apply, visit link here: https://www.outdoors.org/jobs-employment
About Noble View:
The Appalachian Mountain Club’s Noble View is located on 358.5 acres on the southeast buttress of the Russell-Blandford massif, just six miles from Westfield, Massachusetts. Elevated around 1,100 feet above the Connecticut Valley, it overlooks seven hundred square miles of town and country, providing spectacular easterly views of the cities of Westfield and Springfield, with the Wilbraham hills in the far distance.
Email Address Hidden
Phone Number Hidden