- Date Posted: February 24, 2021
- Location: Brevard, NC
- Company: Brevard Music Center
- Job Type: Seasonal
- Salary: TBD
- Housing Offered: Yes
- Experience: 0-2 yrs
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (828) 862-2121
The Car Raffle Coordinator leads the sales effort and oversees the day-to-day details of Brevard Music Center’s annual Car Raffle, an initiative budgeted to generate $180,000+ in support of Brevard Music Center’s annual operating budget. The Car Raffle Coordinator also provides support to ongoing activities of the Development Office during the Music Center’s seven-week summer festival, as schedule allows. Successful candidates will have sales and/or marketing experience, or comparable experience in a sales environment.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Development, this is a full-time, seasonal position that requires evening and weekend hours from May 10 through August 13, 2021. Compensation includes season stipend paid bi-weekly, full board (once food service opens for staff and students), on-campus housing (rooms are typically shared with another seasonal staff member), and complimentary concert attendance with staff ID.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Work with staff to coordinate raffle advertising in BMC publications, regional newspapers and national special interest media
- Develop content and coordinate direct mail and email campaigns to promote and sell raffle tickets
- Coordinate on-site sales and customer service support at designated BMC Summer Festival performances, including select weekdays and all seven weekends throughout the season (June 25 – August 8)
- Train, supervise, and oversee volunteers to promote the raffle and sell raffle tickets on-site at concerts, community festivals, other special events, etc.
- Respond to raffle ticket inquiries via phone and email from prospective purchasers
- Record, track, fulfill, and acknowledge raffle purchases in BMC’s donor database
- Detailed accounting and reconciliation of all raffle entries and receipts
- Other tasks and projects as assigned by members of Development staff
- Business/Marketing Majors and/or direct marketing and/or sales experience, preferred
- Excellent time management, organization, and prioritization skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated initiative and attention to detail
- Ability to take direction, and also work independently on multiple projects simultaneously
- Must be a team player with proven ability to work collegially with many constituent groups: vendors, permanent staff, seasonal staff, volunteers, patrons and supporters
- Must be at least 21 years old and completed two (2) years of college
- Must have valid driver’s license and possess a clean driving record
- Must have access to personal vehicle
- Must be able to lift 20 lbs. – 30 lbs.
- Demonstrated ability to use the suite of Microsoft Office products: Word, Excel, etc.
- Knowledge of nonprofit organizations and interest in performing arts, a plus
- Familiarity/demonstrated experience with relational database software (AudienceView), a plus
- Appreciation for the mission of Brevard Music Center
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
For more information, contact:
Senior Director of Development
Brevard Music Center
To apply, click link below: