- Date Posted: March 17, 2022
- Location: St Paul, Minnesota
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary: $92.75 / day
- Housing Offered: No
- Experience: No experience required
- Website: http://www.campbutwin.org
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (651) 255-4767
CAMP BUTWIN IS NOW HIRING FOR ALL CAMP POSITIONS SUMMER 2022!
The best summer job ever is just a few clicks away. Spend the summer outdoors, make new friends, and most importantly, make a difference in a child’s life. Be a superhero…work at camp!
Staff Orientation: June 13-17, 2022
Camp: June 20- August 26, Monday – Friday
It may be possible to work a partial summer, and all interested applicants are encouraged to apply!
A little bit about our camp: Camp Butwin is nestled on 88 acres of beautiful natural wooded land and hosts hundreds of children each summer. Campers spend their days swimming, horseback riding, boating, climbing on our rock walls, learning from our naturalist, playing sports, doing skits and theater, and just having plain summer FUN! Camper ages are entering Kindergarten-8th grade.
Open Positions Include:
- Camp Counselors – work with a partner counselor to supervise and lead a group of campers. Plan and lead games, crafts, and other camp activities. This position is focused on being the star leader and role model to your group of campers, who you will spend your day and week with! Junior Counselors are Grades 11 and 12, Senior Counselors are college-age and beyond.
- Activity Specialists – For those with a special talent in activity planning and programming, this position is focused on planning and leading specialized activities for a variety of camp groups that will visit you throughout the day. Specialty Areas include Arts and Crafts, Nature/Outdoor Ed., Theater/Drama, Dance/Music, Sports, Boating/Waterfront, Garden. College-age and beyond
- Unit Heads – Division leaders responsible for supervising a team of camp counselors, this is a seasonal management position ideal for experienced camp leaders, teachers, or folks ready to take their first step in gaining supervisory/management experience. The focus on this position is ensuring the ongoing success of a designated camp Unit or Unit, including supervising staff, conducting staff and camper evals, large group activity planning, supply ordering, interacting with parents, and aiding in behavior management. Unit Heads report to the Camp Director. Typically 21+
- Inclusion Advocates – Inclusion Advocates are matched with campers with disabilities (usually 1:1) to ensure meaningful, positive, and successful experiences at Camp Butwin for all. Minimum of 18 years of age or graduation from High School. Previous experience working with people with disabilities is preferred.
General Camp Staff Qualifications:
-Responsible for being conscious of and protecting the health, safety, and welfare of campers
-Encourage social interactions between and among campers of all abilities
-Enthusiastically participate in recreational activities with campers: swimming, arts & crafts, rock climbing, sports, gardening, canoeing, etc.
-Must be a high-energy and creative team player that is excited about camping and youth work
-Previous summer camp experience a plus but not required
-Must be able to pass a full background check
–All positions at camp are expected to prioritize the safety and health of all campers at all times.
We are also looking for Lifeguards for our outdoor pool. Please inquire about these positions.
Job Type: Temporary, Full-Time
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Internship
Pay: From $92.75 per day