- Date Posted: April 18, 2023
- Location: Mountain Center, California
- Company: Pathfinder Ranch, Inc
- Salary: $620 - $740 a week
- Housing Offered: $620 - $740 a week
- Website: https://pathfinderranch.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (951) 659-2455
Pathfinder Ranch, Inc
Under the supervision of the Summer Camp Coordinator, the Camp Instructor will serve as a caregiver and facilitator of program activities. Responsibilities include planning, coordinating, and carrying out activities for each youth group and guiding participants in their personal growth and daily living skills. The major responsibilities of this position include the following but are not limited to:
- Design and facilitate activities to be safe, fun, and appropriate to the participants’ ages and abilities.
- Supervise participants during scheduled times (includes meals).
- Encourage participants to participate and try new activities.
- Participate enthusiastically in all camp activities, planning and leadership roles.
- Follow and uphold all policies and procedures of Pathfinder Ranch.
- Accurately complete program records, logs and reports.
- Ensure the security and safety of all participants along with grounds, facilities, and program equipment associated with the program.
- Coordinate with supervisor on creation of daily and weekly program schedules for individuals/groups.
- Communicate daily with leadership
- Inventory and recommend equipment acquisitions as needed.
- Provide positive public relations on behalf of Pathfinder Ranch and serve as the liaison between the Ranch and client groups.
- Communicate and coordinate with participant parents/guardians.
- Comply with Health and Fire Department regulations, organizational policies and accreditation standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Sincere interest and ability to work with children in the outdoors.
- Exhibit the ability to work well within the Pathfinder Ranch organization and with other employees.
- Willing and able to complete tasks both independently and collaboratively in a timely and accurate manner
- Able to communicate effectively
- Hold and maintain the following certifications issued by a nationally recognized provider: First Aid, Adult & Child CPR. Preferred additional certification related to specialty areas such as: Lifeguard and/or Waterfront Lifeguard, archery, canoeing, challenge course, etc.
- Up to date vaccination for COVID-19
- Must be able to lift and carry 30 lbs.
- Ability to work a varied shift schedule in excess of 10 hours per day.
- Ability to traverse several miles per day on steep and uneven terrain in a variety of weather conditions
Dates of Work
June 25 – August 5, 2023
$620.00 – $740.00 per weekHousing Paid Time Off (after 30 days)Health insurance options for those working multiple season