- Date Posted: November 7, 2023
- Location: Richardsville, Virginia
- Company: The Salvation Army
Company ContactApply Online Now
The Salvation Army
Position Type: Seasonal
About this opportunity:
This position is responsible for maintaining the cleaning of dishes, kitchen, food preparation equipment, utensils.
- Performs all duties in accordance with prescribed regulatory compliance guidelines as well as American Camp Association accreditation standards.
- Maintains and follows all health regulations (i.e. washing of hands, keeping hair back, no open toed shoes, no tank tops).
- Arrives 45 minutes before scheduled mealtime.
- Remains on the job during meal times. No sitting down, eating or drinking during camper meal times or clean up times.
- Keeps a daily account of dishwasher temperature. Report any problems with equipment to the Camp Dining Hall Supervisor.
- Washes dishes, glassware, flatware, pots, and/or pans using dishwashers or by hand after each meal.
- Places clean dishes, utensils, and cooking equipment in storage areas that are protected from dust and contamination between uses.
- Cleans dishwasher room area including walls and baseboards after each meal. Nothing is to be sitting on the floor.
- Wipes down dining room wall by tray window after each meal and mop.
- Maintains kitchen work areas, equipment, and utensils in clean and orderly condition.
- Mops kitchen daily following evening meal; mop dish room following each meal.
- Keeps outside area trash clean. Hose off back dock at the end of each day.
- After each meal empty the trash cans and reline. Wash out garbage cans with water weekly.
- Participates enthusiastically as a member of the camp staff team to deliver and supervise evening programs, special events, overnights and other all-camp activities and camp functions.
- Keeps personal living quarters neat, clean and ready for inspection.
- Be available to participate and assist with camp programs and activities as directed by the Camp Director.
What we are looking for in you:
- Six months experience working in a kitchen preferred
- any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions: Some physical requirements of the Camp Dishwasher position could be endurance including climbing, standing, some bending, stooping, and stretching. Eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity to manipulate dishwasher equipment and activities are required. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare, and communicate appropriate camper activities/programs and the ability to lift up to 50 lbs. Have a willingness to live in a camp setting and work irregular hours delivering a program in the facility available. Operate with daily exposure to the sun and heat and varying environmental conditions.
To learn more about Salvation Army Camps, click here!
Why work for us?
Since 1907, The Salvation Army has been operating camp programs across the southeast region of the United States. Today, The Salvation Army has eight camps in the Sout and over 40 across the country. Working a Salvation Army camp isn’t like other summer jobs. You will earn an income, you will receive invaluable job experience, and you will make friendships that will last you a lifetime – but, unlike most other summer jobs, you will also powerfully impact the life of a child or teen for the better. At Salvation Army camps, disadvantaged kids (in particular) have three square meals a day, have the opportunity to further develop social skills, learn creation care, feel valued, and encounter God’s love. You will never regret saying “yes” to camp this summer. Apply for a Salvation Army camp and be part of something bigger than yourself: making lives better in Jesus’ name.
Camp Staff Orientation will be held 06/10/2024 – 06/15/2024 and participation is required. The 2024 summer Camp program session will be held 06/17/2024 – 07/20/2024. If you are unable to work the entire season, please let us know on your application.
All employees recognize The Salvation Army is a church and agree that they will do nothing as an employee of The Salvation Army to undermine its religious mission.
To apply, please select the “Apply Now” icon indicated on the job posting.
Application Submittal Period: 11/2023– 06/2024
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled