- Date Posted: March 14, 2022
- Location: Worton, Maryland
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary: $200 / week
- Housing Offered: Yes
- Experience: No experience required
- Website: http://www.echohillcamp.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (410) 348-5303
Ready for an unforgettable summer? Invaluable networking opportunity, relevant training, and cultural exchange with peers from around the world, and an epically fun, amazing, and meaningful job on the Chesapeake Bay!
WHO WE ARE
Echo Hill Camp, a co-ed traditional sleep-away camp on the Chesapeake Bay in Maryland’s Eastern Shore.
WHERE WE ARE
Experience the Land of Pleasant Living! On any given day at ‘work’, you’ll be surrounded by a peaceful and beautiful campus where nature abounds. Living and working among two miles of sandy beach that stretches along the Chesapeake Bay, epic starry night skies, the swamp, woods, and fields. Not bad for a summer office, not a filing cabinet or copy machine in sight!
Enjoy days off exploring Maryland’s Eastern Shore Historic towns, lounge on Betterton’s Beach, hike trails at Turners Creek, Eastern Neck Island, Chestertown’s Rails to Trails. Stroll down quaint streets and enjoy meals overlooking the water. The memories, the friends, the stories, the experience where life on the Eastern Shore is the norm.
WHO WE NEED
We are seeking Camp Counselors to provide a safe and memorable experience for our campers. The ideal candidates will have a strong and genuine passion for working with and empowering young people. The counselor position requires a positive attitude, adaptability, and the desire to make a lasting impact on others. Echo Hill Camp is a perfect fit for energetic high school and college students, teachers, youth workers, and graduate students who love children, outdoor activity, and making a difference.
ALL WE NEED FROM YOU
- A love for children
- An upbeat, fun attitude
- A desire to make a real difference by working with kids
- Patient and reliable
- Available starting Thursday, June 16th
- You must be 18 years old by June 16, 2022
SKILLS PREFERRED, BUT A DESIRE TO LEARN IS ENOUGH
- Swim Instructors
- Sports Coaches: Ultimate Frisbee, Soccer, Lacrosse, Basketball, Tennis, Volleyball
- Target Sports: Archery, Riflery and Paintball (slingshot)
- Nature Activities
- Arts & Crafts
- Motor Boat Driving
- First aid- and CPR-certified major bonus
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise, care for, and mentor a bunk of campers.
- Partner with co-counselors to create a fun and safe environment for campers.
- Lead daily activities.
- Embrace camp values and model behaviors that reflect respect, kindness, and community.
- Leverage problem-solving skills to manage camper challenges and ongoing needs.
- Guide campers as they navigate social dynamics and develop interpersonal relationships.
COMPENSATION & PERKS
- Supportive learning environment
- Laundry facilities on-site
- Competitive salary based on experience and background.
- Housing provided in shared cabins/tents with campers.
- All meals included.
- The position can be customized to earn internship college credit and/or fulfill required field experience hours.
Next step, head to our website, watch our video, and then email me!