- Date Posted: April 5, 2022
- Location: Florissant, Colorado
- Company: Sanborn Western Camps
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary: $3,300 / season
- Housing Offered: Yes
- Experience: No experience needed
- Website: http://www.sanbornwesterncamps.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (719) 748-3341
Gain a well-rounded experience that will help you develop your leadership style while mentoring kids and guiding trips.
RATED “THE BEST OUTDOOR CAMP IN THE COUNTRY” BY OUTSIDE MAGAZINE
Who We Are
- Non-Profit residential camp with 70yrs of experience set on 6,000 acres of private land
- Sanborn combines traditional sleep-away camp with extended backcountry expeditions and adventures
- The largest private camp in the country, Sanborn has access to more 14,000-foot peaks than any other program in Colorado
- Expeditions: 3-5-day trips backpacking, mountain biking, rock climbing, horseback riding, canoeing, and fishing
- We also offer in-camp activities like archery, swimming, sports, and camp games.
Internship opportunities are also available
Stay up to date on the latest camp information here on our Blog: Latest News
Dates of Hire: June 1st – Aug 16th
Location: 30 miles west of Colorado Springs
We are looking for people who are:
- Enthusiastic, resilient, and have a growth mindset
- Interested in the outdoors and working with kids
This position is residential and is all about working, teaching, and living with children while creating a respectful community based around living in close contact with nature.
Starting Salary at $3300.00. Also, lodging, meals, and laundry, valued at $2,025 for the summer.
- Personal growth and development while being coached by great leaders
- Being part of a 70-year-old high-quality non-profit organization
- Working in a community where you have a purpose and ability to change lives
- Opportunity to be a role model, mentor, teacher, and friend
- Living in a spectacular location at the foothills of the Rocky Mountains
- Experience leading and participating in amazing trips and programs
- The opportunity to continue to develop a wide range of professional, social, and technical skills that will last a lifetime
Stipends: We pay for our staff to gain several certifications and offer stipends if you currently have nationally recognized certifications such as (Life Guard, WFR, Single Pitch Instructor, and many more).
Travel: Needs Based Stipends Available
We would like to ensure that the opportunity to work at camp is accessible to individuals in an equitable manner. If the cost of travel will prohibit you from being here we will work with you to provide a travel stipend in order to ensure your arrival at camp.