- Date Posted: September 13, 2023
- Location: Westwood, Massachusetts
- Company: Westwood Public Schools
- Salary: $17.41 - $20.12 an Hour
Company ContactApply Online Now
Westwood Public Schools
Westwood Public Schools is seeking a Cafeteria General Worker to work Monday through Friday for a 4-hour shift, typically 9:30AM to 1:30PM or 10AM to 2PM.
The General Worker will assist the Lead Cook and Cooks to prepare school lunches. The hourly pay rate is based on experience and in accordance with the current Food Service union contract.
Food Service Director
Email [email protected]
Phone 781 326 7500 ext.4350
- Take directions and guidance from Lead Cook or Cook to execute School Lunch Menus in accordance with the National School Lunch Program.
- Maintain safe and sanitary working with food practices.
- Follow HACCP Guidelines (the FDA systematic approach to the identification, evaluation, and control of food safety hazards).
- Record temperatures and maintain records for food put on the serving line.
- Use proper food handling techniques.
- Maintain portion control.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Assist in dishwashing.
- Clean as you go.
- Sanitize equipment.
- Communicate clearly and effectively.
- Participate in daily pre-meal meetings.
- Communicate to the Cook or Lead Cook about product shortages and foreseen issues.
- Check with the team at the end of every shift.
- Demonstrate ability to work in a high-energy environment.
- Work effectively as part of a team.
- Arrive on time and in complete uniform.
- Follow directions and complete assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate growth mindset and willingness to participate in training.
- Use good judgment: handle problems as they arise and adjust to the situation accordingly.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- ServeSafe Certification is required. Certification may be obtained after hire.
- Allergen Training is required. Certification may be obtained after hire
- C.P.R Certification is required. Certification may be obtained after hire.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Sufficient vision to read printed documents and view detail on a computer screen.
- Ability to hear sounds clearly up to twenty feet.
- Ability to travel among buildings.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds off the floor.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds overhead.
Work takes place in a fast paced school environment including Kitchens, Servery, Dry Storage rooms, Walk-ins Refrigerators/Freezers.
The Westwood Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status.
Primary Location Varies
Entry Pay Range $17.41 – $20.12 (Step is based on experience and qualifications)
Work Week Monday – Friday
Work Year 182 days, aligned to the school year
Shift Type 4 hour shift, typically 9:30am-1:30pm (hours may vary somewhat)