- Date Posted: March 17, 2022
- Location: Luray, Virginia
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary: $11.25 / hour
- Housing Offered: Yes
- Experience: No experience required
- Website: http://www.goshenandoah.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (877) 847-1919
Delaware North Parks and Resorts is hiring Bussers to join our team at Shenandoah National Park, Virginia. As a Busser, you will demonstrate excellent time management skills as well as the ability to set priorities and quickly respond to changing needs within the dining room.
Starting pay rate is $11.25/hr
- Check in with management upon arrival for daily duties and station assignments.
- Attend pre-shift briefing, taking note of relevant information including service, food and beverage, and guest notes.
- Maintain cleanliness and sanitation of the dining room including all equipment, utensils, tables, chairs, service stations, floors, and windows.
- Remove dirty dishes, silverware, and empty glasses from guest tables between courses and after guests depart. Return dirty dishes, silverware, glassware and linen to dish washing area, sorting appropriately and placing them in the assigned area for proper disposition.
- Reset tables once guests leave according to floor plan or instructions from management.
- Remove and empty trash as needed.
- Assist in counting china, glass, silver and linen.
- Experience or training as a Runner or Busser with a similar style of dining, capacity, and volume is preferred.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays in addition to normal business hours, as needed.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Constant standing, walking, bending, reaching, and repetitive motions.
- Ability to maneuver between tables and around corners.
- Ability to lift, balance and move large food trays, weighing up to 35 pounds, for set-up, service, and clean-up.
- Visual acuity and hearing to take orders and prepare checks.
- Ability to stand or walk for the entire length of shift; may include walking up and down stairs.
Who We Are
Shenandoah National Park offers over 200,000 acres of protected lands with lots to explore including cascading waterfalls, spectacular vistas, quiet wooded hollows. It’s a great place to hike, camp, bike, fish, take photographs or go canoeing. We offer on-site housing and a free meal during every shift.
At Delaware North, you’ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen – share our vision and grow with us.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.