- Date Posted: December 18, 2022
- Location: Vali, Colorado
- Salary: $27.10 - $27.10 / hour
- Housing Offered: Yes
- Experience: Some experience required
- Website: http://www.vailgov.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (970) 479-2332
APPLY TODAY for Winter 2022/2023!
$1,750 CDL Sign-On Bonus!*
Starting at $27.10per hour
$1,000 End-of-Season Bonus*
Live and work in Vail this winter! The Town of Vail, Colorado is seeking enthusiastic & reliable people who are interested in working as a bus driver for the winter 2022-2023 ski season. As a bus driver you will be responsible for safely operating a public transportation bus for picks up, transports, and drop off passengers on a prescribed route, on time and in accordance with local, state and federal standards. Drivers must also practice safe defensive driving techniques, be knowledgeable and provide guests with schedule/route information, assist disabled guest on and off the bus and complete reports of all accidents, damage, or incidents of vandalism. Drivers may be assigned to bus wash as needed. The working week is 40 hours made up of 4 & 5 days with new hires mostly working weekends & nights. The bus service runs from 5:30am to 2:30am daily. Employee housing is limited, so apply today!
Safety is top priority for us! In order to help keep our drivers safe we have nightly bus disinfecting procedures, driver protection barriers, mask requirements on buses and Town of Vail issued sanitizer and personal protective equipment.
Vail is a guest service oriented and resort destination community. We realize that to set the standard for world-class alpine resorts, our employees make all the difference! That is why we are looking for passionate individuals who strive for excellence in all that they do. Qualified applicants must have strong verbal communication skills & pride themselves in providing the best guest service.
In addition, they must meet the following requirements:
- CDL preferred.
- Previous guest service experience.
- Acceptable driving record with no alcohol or drug related convictions in the last 5 years.
- Applicants must be able to commit to the entire season; mid November to mid April.
- Must pass all CDL requirements including medical screening, random drug testing, and licensing requirements
- Position is exposed to engine noise and fumes, winter weather and elements when assisting passengers.
Most of shift is spent sitting while driving, with occasional stooping, standing, kneeling and lifting.
*CDL Class A or B = $1,000 Sign-On Bonus
*Passenger Endorsement (P2) = $750 Sogn-On Bonus
*$1,000 End-of Season Bonus (must complete the defined season to be eligible for end-of-season bonus)