- Date Posted: July 24, 2022
- Location: Homestead, Florida
- Company: Flamingo Adventures
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary: $20 / hour
- Housing Offered: Yes
- Experience: Some experience required
- Website: https://flamingoeverglades.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (855) 708-2207
Boat Captain, $20.00/hour
Flamingo Adventures, located within The Everglades National Park, is now hiring Tour Boat Captains for year round or seasonal openings!
We operate 2 large campgrounds, Eco Tents, and a full-service Marina. We have a new Lodge and Restaurant to opening soon that will add even more jobs in Food & Beverage and Lodging.
We have RV sites with full hookups for $20 per week and dorm-style housing for $40 per week. Sorry, space is very limited. You must work here and be available for full-time hours to live on the property.
We offer FREE RENT in the summer months! You must work here and be available for full-time hours to live on the property.
Our team members enjoy free and/or discounted bicycle, kayak, and boat rentals, food discounts, and free boat tours.
Popular onsite activities include kayaking, canoeing, boating, fishing, hiking, bike riding, and camping. We are also located within a reasonable driving distance from the Florida Keys, Fort Lauderdale, and Miami beaches and nightlife!
Pay: $20.00/hour. Year round team members will also be eligible for benefits such as medical, dental, vision, 401k matching, and more!
The Captain directs the ferry’s tour boat (42’ Corinthian Catamaran) activities and operates the vessel safely and efficiently.
- Safe operation, cleaning, and general up keep of a passenger vessel.
- Safe vessel tie up to docks, piers, ships and moorings;
- Positive communication with client crew;
- Passenger embarkation/debarkation safety and operation;
- Repair and modification of related equipment such as pumps, lines, hoses;
- Grease, lube, and maintenance of the marine systems;
- Maintain accurate logs and records;
- Interacts with customers and management in a professional manner;
- Dock hand work as well as supporting non-motorized waterfront operations.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Current and valid USCG License and valid TWIC card required.
- Must be able to work in all types of weather conditions.
- Previous dock/marina experience preferred.
- Ability to work remotely with little direct supervision;
- Ability to lift, carry, and move heavy objects and/or equipment;
- Ability to take and adhere to instructions;
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with others;
- Small boat handling skills, passenger vessel experience a plus.
- Current and valid USCG License (minimum 50 ton license)
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to stand and walk on nearly a constant basis
- Able to bend, rotate and reach frequently
- Carry, push/pull and/or lift materials weighing upwards of 75 lbs.
- Ascending/descending stairs or ladders safely
- Manipulate/handle/grip materials required to perform job
- Maneuver through/in/around small and/or confined areas within the vessel
- Must be able to maintain both static and dynamic standing balance to complete various duties associated with job
- Must be capable of performing emergency duties as listed in the vessel’s station bill
- Vision must be correctible to 20/40 with full color vision and no night blindness.
- Typical office equipment (computers, phone system, fax, copiers, scanners, among others).
- Marina, boat and dock maintenance equipment.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.