- Date Posted: July 31, 2023
- Location: Corning, California 96021
- Company: Rolling Hills Casino
Company ContactApply Online Now
Rolling Hills Casino
The successful employee ensures positive guest experiences and will assist the bartender(s) by performing the following duties according to policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Provides consistent, attentive and friendly service to guests.
- Welcome each guest personally. Learn guest’s names, occupations and favorite cocktails and make them feel appreciated. Communicate with guests using clear and enthusiastic words, tone and body language.
- Receives directions from bartenders.
- Maintains the bar area and the equipment in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Stocks and maintains an adequate inventory of all bar supplies including but not limited to alcohol and non-alcohol beverages, wine, and draft or bottled beer, as well as any condiments and bar supplies.
- Acquires knowledge of name brands and liquors, wines, and bottle beers.
- Has knowledge of daily appetizer menu, for “Suggestive Selling”, to patrons.
- Work as a team with all staff to provide exceptional guest service.
- Monitors consumption of alcohol served to patrons according to the TipS guidelines.
- Observe guest’s behavior in consumption of alcoholic beverages, count number cocktails consumed, and offer assistance, if they need it. Be proactive and don’t hesitate to ask for help.
- Under the direction of the bartender sets up an opening inventory of all operational bar supplies.
- Informs bartender(s) of all liquors, beers, mixed, glassware, and other bar supplies, which need to be ordered before running below the par inventory.
- Replenish bar snacks such as chips, pretzels, nuts, etc., when needed.
- Stock, clean, prepares fruits, and vegetables, for garnishing cocktails.
- Keep the bar clean, stocked, and organized, for all shifts.
- Upholds standards set by Alcohol Beverage Control Board of California.
- Relays any information relative to the bar operation to Bartender.
- Follows established company and departmental standards for personal appearance and behavior.
- Report to work on time in neat, cleaned and pressed attire. Well groomed hair, and personal hygiene are essential; jewelry, perfume or cologne must be subtle.
- Follows policies and procedures set forth by Rolling Hills Casino.
- Responsible for putting liquor in storage area, rotating product, and cleanliness of storage areas.
- Attend all training meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 21 years of age
- Must attend and periodically pass a written test from the TipS program.
- Must be willing to work weekends, nights and holidays.
- Slip resistant shoes
This job does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience
High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED). Candidate with previous customer service experience perferred.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to guests, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply reasonable understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral,
or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Gaming license issued by the Paskenta Gaming Commission. TipS certification as trained at Rolling Hills Casino. Food handler’s card provided by Rolling Hills Casino. Must obtain Title 31 certification as trained by Rolling Hills Casino.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must continually lift, push, or pull up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance Vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to tobacco smoke. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Duties, responsibilities, requirements and expectations that pertain to this job are subject to change as needed.