Strawhouse Resorts & Café
Strawhouse Resorts and Café is seeking a full-time baker. At the Strawhouse we make overnight fermented and hand rolled bagels, breads (including yeasted and sourdough), pizza dough, and baked goods. This position would be perfect for someone who would like to take their baking to the next level or for an experienced baker who is looking for the flexibility to let their creative side shine.
We have a wood fired-pizza oven on the property, which is available for baking as well as a Blodgett Convection oven, US Standard commercial range, and walk-in refrigeration and freezer. The bakery (commercial kitchen) is separate from the café, and therefore this position calls for an independent and self-motivated individual. Thorough training will be provided to the right applicant. Must get along well with others and be able to communicate synergistically with other Strawhouse team members.
The baker’s job is to work with the café to maintain consistent inventory of a variety of baked goods (cookies, muffins, cakes, bars, scones, etc.) and bread products. This requires working directly with café management for defining cost of goods, inventory, ordering, and any assistance the café or the bakery may need. The work also involves cleaning and maintaining the space.
- Checking in, organizing, and distributing UNFI and Sysco deliveries to ensure product quantity and quality reflect the invoice.
- Production baking for the Strawhouse including breads, baked goods, Strawhouse specials, and special events. All specials or changes to current items to be coordinated with the café manager.
- Maintenance and deep cleaning of the entirety of the bakery space. Cleaning of the walk-in to be coordinated with the Strawhouse staff.
- Maintaining equipment (works with maintenance person to keep equipment functional).
- Costing out new items and periodic reviews of current items.
- Regular maintenance of the recipe book.
- Execute the UNFI order for bakery goods. Coordinate with the café manager to place Sysco order.
- Act as support for pizza prep.
- Lifting and moving 50lb bags of product
- Standing for 8 – 10 hours a day
- Ability to be self-motivated and work independently
- Must be able to commit to at least a year for the baker's position
If applying as a couple, the other half of couple can apply for a position in the café or housekeeping.
Must have Food Handler’s Certificate prior to start date.
Must have self-contained RV.
To apply, please email cover letter, resume and at least three references to our email address.
Strawhouse Resorts and Café is a small resort that has been in operation for over 20 years and is devoted to provide an excellent customer experience and Strawhouse team environment. We are ideally located on California State Highway 299 and right on the Trinity River – perfect for the outdoors enthusiast. The Trinity River is ideal for rafting, kayaking, fishing, and just soaking in the beauty of creation. Right behind us are hiking trails that can lead you into the Trinity Alps Wilderness Area. To the west is coastal fun and giant redwoods, and to the east is the valley, Mt. Shasta and Lassen parks. We truly live in one of the most beautiful areas of our country. We get all four seasons here and have an endless diversity of things to experience.
Visit website here: https://www.strawhouseresorts.com
530-623-1990 x 1