- Date Posted: April 18, 2022
- Location: Fayetteville, West Virginia
- Job Type: Full Time
- Housing Offered: Yes
- Experience: Some experience required
- Website: http://www.newriveratv.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (304) 461-6961
Are you looking for a fun and potentially very lucrative job this summer? New River ATV is hiring for the 2022 season! Located at the beautiful New River Gorge in Fayetteville, West Virginia, New River ATV provides guests with one of the best ATV and Side by Side tours in the country! If you love working outside and providing a fantastic guest experience, we want to meet you!
About New River ATV
New River ATV offers one of the best ATV and Side by Side tours in the country! We are a hoppin’ small business comprised of a tight knit team, passionate about providing a superior guest experience. Our reviews speak for themselves! Seriously, check them out because this is what we are looking for in new team members. New River ATV is only minutes away from America’s newest National Park, the New River Gorge! At the New River Gorge, we are surrounded by world-class rock climbing, some of the best whitewater in the country, hundreds of miles of hiking and biking trails, and at the center of it all is one of the coolest small towns in America, full of great local restaurants, bars, shops, and more!
Our Employee Experience
As an employee of New River ATV, you will find yourself as a member of a fantastic, hardworking team. Our employee experience is as important to us as our guest experience. We know that people who love their jobs are the best teammates! We strive to create a good work/life balance and a great work environment. Pay is extremely competitive.
We are committed to being responsible about the health and safety of our staff and guests, so we follow all current CDC guidelines.
The guest experience our team provides is what drives our success. We are looking for someone who can entertain and interact with people from all backgrounds, as well as multitask and keep safety the priority. Our most important candidate qualifications are:
- Previous, verifiable guiding experience with industry references (required)
- ATV experience (preferred)
- ! Exceptional ! customer service skills
- Hardworking team player willing to learn new things
- Consistent positive attitude and outlook
- Professionalism in appearance and actions
- Safety-first mentality
- Ability to maintain leadership while guiding large groups of people
- Remaining engaged with guests of all backgrounds for the entire shift
- Patience with novice riders while coaching them safely through navigating our trails
- Ability to control riders who try to abuse our equipment
- Being comfortable when speaking in front of groups
- Ability to communicate all necessary information in a clear way
- Ability to make good judgement calls for the safety of guests and self. Including, but not limited to, choosing the appropriate trails for guest skill level, recognizing and adapting to changing weather and trail conditions, being mindful of riding speed and tour pacing
- We go out rain or shine, so guides need to be prepared to work in all weather conditions
- First Aid and CPR certifications are required, further medical training is encouraged. We offer medical training reimbursement.
- Daily duties include checking machine fluids and tire pressure, pre-trip damage checks, fitting guests with helmets, giving a detailed pre-trip talk, providing a safe and enjoyable tour, post-trip machine damage checks, pressure washing, fueling, and parking machines. Cleaning helmets and goggles is also required.
- Our typical day starts at 7 am and sometimes ends as late as 9:30 pm. We strive to create a schedule that is predictable and balances long days with shorter ones, but some strings of long workdays will occur.
- The most important part of this job is keeping our guests safe and happy, and equipment protected. Showing up with a positive attitude and maintaining excitement for the job throughout the season will allow you to excel as a member of the New River ATV Team. We expect team members to arrive every day with a positive attitude towards their work and their co-workers and provide a fantastic experience to every guest.
At New River ATV, we love getting out there together and remembering why we love what we do! We have monthly staff events and an end of season all expenses paid multiday trip to the Hatfield-McCoy trails. Guides are able to use our machines as available for fun rides and discounts for family and friend trips are allowed on a case-by-case basis.
At New River ATV, we want our team to be able to deal with any situation that might arise, so we offer medical training reimbursement.
In addition to the most competitive pay in the industry, we also offer the opportunity for seasonal bonuses and paid time off.