- Date Posted: December 18, 2022
- Location: Beaver Creek, Colorado
- Salary: $60,000 - $65,000 / year
- Housing Offered: Yes
- Experience: Some experience required
- Website: https://www.kesslercollection.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (970) 845-1705
The Kessler Collection is made up of 13 artful hotel and resort properties, 26 restaurants, and over 1,700 Grand Performers across ten states, we continue to grow and so will you! The opportunities are endless. Our mission of inspiring places, intuitive service, and exuberant guests means we are committed to our Grand Performers learning, development, and well-being.
We believe people want to be inspired!
Our Grand Performers Receive Many Benefits Including:
- Marriott Employee Discounts Worldwide
- Competitive Wage & Discretionary Bonus Program
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Company-Sponsored Life Insurance
- Short & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- 401(K) with Discretionary Company Matching Contributions
- Employee Assistance Program
- Ski Pass or Cash Equivalent
The overall objective and purpose of the Assistant Restaurant Manager are to support the Restaurant Manager in the management of the Restaurant, In-Room Dining, and Lounge, to ensure guests receive the ultimate dining experience. The incumbent is responsible for supervising the daily restaurant operations, maintaining sanitation standards, and supporting the service staff. They are to provide inspiring and strategic leadership while directing the activities of the outlets in support of the mission, core values, standards, and goals established by the company.
Primary areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to the following:
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality exemplifies excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
- Supervises daily shift operations. Assists servers and hosts on the floor during meal periods and high-demand times.
- Handles guest problems and complaints.
- Meets with guests on an informal basis during meals or upon departure to obtain feedback on the quality of food and beverage, service levels, and overall satisfaction.
- Schedules dining reservations and arrange parties or special services for diners.
- Ensures point-of-sale operations and cash handling practices are following standard operating procedures.
- Assists with interviews, schedules, training, coaching, and counseling, resolving problems, providing open communication, and recommending corrective action when appropriate.
- Ensures staff adheres to local, state, and Federal liquor laws.
- Inspects dining room serving stations for neatness and cleanliness.
- Ensures compliance with all food & beverage policies, standards, and procedures by training, supervising, follow-up and hands-on coaching.
- Assists in maintaining service and sanitation standards in restaurant, bar/lounge, and room service areas.
- Ensure that all preparation for functions and outlets are completed daily
- Follow labor guidelines and ensure that front-of-the-house labor costs are within budgeted guidelines
- Monitors alcohol beverage service in compliance with local laws.
- Assists in overseeing the café outlet.
- Ensures Grand Performers are in compliance with appearance standards.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
To perform this role successfully, an individual must have experience achieving desired result(s) in their areas of responsibility. The requirements listed below are representative of observable behaviors and essential knowledge, skill, and abilities required of a successful incumbent.
- Strategic business leader – Works strategically to devise plans in alignment with organizational goals.
- Cultivates engagement – Builds loyalty to the company and not to themselves. Proven ability to host/facilitate effective meetings, and motivate teams to produce results within tight timeframes while simultaneously managing several projects.
- Generates alignment – Ensures proper time and effort is spent to build high-level performance and consistency throughout the collection.
- Leads with courage – Provides a culture of accountability.
- Execution of plans – Utilizes our systems, tools, and resources to accomplish results and achieve goals
- Advanced level of written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledge of federal and state liquor laws and basic employment law
- Knowledge of finance, budgeting, and cost control principles
- Knowledge of inventory control reporting systems
- Ability to facilitate and lead effective, collaborative group meetings
- Thorough knowledge of Food and Wine, as well as Beer, liquor and mixed drinks.
- Proficient in Micros POS system
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related training equivalent – required
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in similar scope and title – required
- Experience within luxury brand/markets – required
- Manager food safety certification and TIPS training certification – preferred or attained within 30 days
Supervisory and leadership responsibilities include achieving results through providing direction and accountability of the following Grand Performers within the culture and policies established by the Kessler Collection.
- F&B Supervisors
The work environment/conditions described herein are representative of those that an incumbent may experience.
- Must be comfortable working in a shared space, with constant noise, without the use of a private office.
- Must be able to cope with frequent changing priorities and deadlines with a high degree of optimism, professionalism & collaboration.
- Schedules may vary from week to week based on business demands in excess of 40 hours with or without notice.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. *Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions & physical demands of this role.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to move 10lbs on a daily basis.
- Push, pull, and lift up to 50lbs on a weekly basis.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to travel by foot, car, bus, airplane or other means of transportation which require sitting, waiting and standing for long and short periods of time.
The Kessler Collection is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.