- Date Posted: January 9, 2022
- Location: , Winter Park, Colorado
- Company: Winter Park Resort
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary: $19.00 / hour
- Housing Offered: Yes
- Experience: 1–2 yrs
- Website: http://www.winterparkresort.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (970) 726-1536
Winter Park Resort
WINTER PARK RESORT OVERVIEW:
Who We Are: At just 67 miles away, Winter Park is the closest major mountain destination to Denver. Don’t be fooled by our convenient location, though you’ll feel remotely tucked away in our high-country corner of the Rockies. With easy access to 765,000 acres of public land, Winter Park is home to endless adventures and an unparalleled and unfiltered Colorado experience. Whether you are fulfilling a lifelong dream to work at a ski resort or you are just wanting a change of scene, we have great jobs and an awesome experience waiting for you!
Who We Are Looking For: Winter Park Resort is a place for mountain lovers, adventure seekers, and outdoor explorers. A place to chase new experiences, marvel at the unexpected, and discover the adventure that will keep you coming back for more. Whether you are looking to have your first taste of a winter season in the Rockies or to build a long-term career, we have something for everyone. We work to play… Are you in?
Perks & Benefits: There’s more than a free season pass waiting for you! You don’t just get a job at Winter Park, you get an experience and a lifestyle. As a member of our team, you’ll enjoy a variety of perks and benefits that are available to our year-round and seasonal employees. Some examples include:
- Free season pass to Winter Park Season and free access to all fifteen Alterra Resorts throughout North America.
- Discounted tickets for your friends & family
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs for eligible employees
- 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees
- Generous food & beverage and retail discounts
- Onsite employee childcare based on availability, discounted equipment rentals and plenty of opportunities for growth, advancement & year-round employment! Don’t worry the uniforms are provided!
- Responsible for daily operations of the restaurant and other establishments that prepare and serve meals and beverages to our guests
- Plans, organizes, staffs, and directs all phases of food operations for their food service unit
- Consistent with departmental goals, policies, and procedures
- Coordinates activities among various departments, such as: kitchen, dining room, and banquet services
- Ensures that guests are satisfied with their dining experience
- Oversees the inventory and ordering of food, equipment, and supplies
- Arranges for the routine maintenance of the restaurant, its equipment, and its facilities
- Responsible for all the administrative and human resources functions of running the business
- Recruits new employees and monitors employee’s performance and training
- Supervises routine food service operations
- Assists executive chefs as they select successful menu items with specific emphasis on cost effectiveness, popularity, market trends, and quality
- Analyzes the recipe of the dishes to determine food, overhead, labor, and costs
- Coordinates services such as waste removal and pest control
- Receives deliveries and checks contents against order records
- Inspects the quality of food to ensure that expectations are met and/or exceeded
- Meets with representatives from supply companies
- Ensures that food and service meet appropriate standards
- Selects and develops staff through formal interviewing, hiring, training, and (when necessary) firing of employees
- Retains good employees
- Oversees training of new employees and explains the establishments policies and practices
- Schedules work hours for all staff members
- Establishes daily food production and labor force goals (which coincide with the anticipated fluctuation of business)
- Helps with cooking, clearing, or other tasks as necessary
- Ensures that dinners are served properly and in a timely manner
- Investigates and resolves guests complaints about food quality or service
- Monitors orders in the kitchen to determine where backups may occur
- Directs the cleaning of the dining areas, kitchen, and washing of table ware, kitchen utensils, and equipment (to comply with government sanitation standards)
- Monitors the actions of the employees and patrons on a continual basis to ensure the personal safety of everyone
- Follows procedural guidelines and training programs to meet/exceed the regulations imposed by local health and liquor laws
- Keeps employee work records
- Daily upkeep of payroll
- Completes paperwork to comply with licensing laws and reporting requirements of tax, wage and hour, unemployment compensation, and social security laws
- Retains the responsibility of accuracy of their business records
- Maintains records of supply and equipment purchases and ensures that suppliers are paid
- Uses inventory tracking software to compare the records of sales from the POS with the record of current inventory
- Uses internet to track industry news, find recipes, conduct market research, purchase supplies or equipment, recruit employees, and train staff
- Tallies cash and charges receipts and balances against record of sales (must follow all safety procedures)
- Responsible for depositing the day’s receipts or securing them in a safe place
- Responsible for locking up the establishments, checking that all equipment (i.e. the grills, ovens, etc.) and lights are off, and switching on the alarm system
- Follows security procedures for daily and long term control of inventory, cash handling, equipment and the facility, and safeguards to prevent significant dollar loss to the resort
- Maintains a safe work environment that meets or exceeds OSHA and SDS regulations
- Completes analysis of food related trends through seminars, attending restaurant and food equipment shows, professional associations, and national and local competitions (including their application to our business)
- Develops an annual budget for applicable food service equipment with specific emphasis on replacement cost versus cost to repair, durability, expanded versatility, and expected maintenance and overall cost
- Develops an annual budget and targets goals, which include: anticipated gross sales, cost of goods sold, labor, and other expenses
- Cooperates with the marketing department and advertising agencies on the development of advertising material and special events
- Cooperates with the finance department (with regard to proper accounting of revenues)
- Recruits, trains, and develops personnel that are capable of operating their units in a manner that is consistent with established procedures and goals of the company
- Totals operation of all food related special events for groups from 20 ‚Äì 10,000
- Researches and proposes capital projects
- Is environmentally conscious in all facets of operations (from product purchasing to energy management control)
- Procurement of entertainment when applicable
- Responsible for all computer operating systems
- Must have a TIPS certification
- Must be a self-starter and work with little supervision
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- College degree or equivalent experience with specific training in the areas of operation, customer service, finance, marketing, and personnel
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in actual food and beverage operations supervision required
- Knowledge of food and beverage equipment, required
Qualifications and Skills:
- Ability to operate company vehicles and snowmobiles
- Proven leadership skills
- Business skills
- Demonstrated interest and aptitude in food service, required
- Working knowledge of local liquor and health codes
- Working knowledge of bartending and bar controls
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and basic computer functionality required
- Valid US Driver‚Äôs License and clean motor vehicle record required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
This position may be required to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Manual dexterity to operate a computer and other common office equipment on a constant basis.
- Auditory and visual acuity to operate computers, phones, mobile devices and basic office equipment on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time sitting, bending, reaching, and speaking on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time standing, walking, kneeling, pushing and pulling on an occasional basis.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled and the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours in length at a time over an average shift of 8 hours.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to climb or balance and taste or smell.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds on a regular and continuing basis.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment including but not limited to: non slip footwear and gloves.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily- reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
The base hourly pay range below represents the low and high end of Winter Park Resorts hourly pay range for this position. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Winter Park Resorts total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include many region-specific benefits.
Hourly Range: $19.00
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
This position description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for the role described above. With the evolution of Winter Park Resort, the responsibilities of this position may change as may the dates associated with many of the tasks. During these times of change, this position requires the flexibility and willingness to accept new responsibilities and potentially transfer others. It will also be the responsibility of any employee of Winter Park Resort to be a positive influence on the transformation of the resort and its associated lines of business.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Winter Park Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity in any term, condition, or privilege of employment. We do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected by state or local law. Winter Park Resort will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to Winter Park Resort. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. I understand that this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an ‚Äúat will‚Äù relationship.