- Date Posted: October 23, 2022
- Location: Grand Canyon, Arizona
- Salary: $42,000 / year
- Housing Offered: Yes
- Experience: Some experience required
- Website: https://www.xanterrajobs.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (928) 638-3333
Lead our Food & Beverage Team at The Grand Hotel at the Grand Canyon!
Are you enthusiastic about crafting unforgettable dining experiences? The Grand Hotel, located just one mile from the Grand Canyon, operates a rustic yet modern steakhouse and a saloon. This rustic yet elegant 121-room hotel gives employees easy access to the sheer splendor of the Grand Canyon. We offer opportunities to share your passion for hospitality by working as the Assistant Kitchen Manager.
The Assistant Kitchen Manager assists in oversight of the Grand Hotel kitchen operation, which may include leadership functions, food preparation functions, sanitization, food handling, procurement, financial planning, and menu development.
As our employee, you receive FREE employee housing through December 21, 2022, discounted meals, employee discounts to explore other Xanterra properties, and a generous benefits program for eligible employees. By working with Xanterra Travel Collection amongst the beauty of The Grand Hotel and Grand Canyon National Park, this is your chance to Live, Work, and Explore in one of the most beautiful places on Earth!
- One (1) year previous supervisory or lead cook experience in a high volume ala carte dining or institutional establishment with progressive cooking/menu development.
- Must have a working knowledge of a kitchen with the ability to train employees in all kitchen positions; from ala carte preparation/presentation to batch cooking to prep work of entry-level kitchen positions; with a goal of advancing staff within the kitchen.
- Possess good interpersonal skills to ensure intelligent and professional communications with internal and external guests and all levels of staff within the organization
- Must have organization, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills.
- A Bachelor of Science degree in hotel/restaurant management is desirable.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software programs (Word and Excel).
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) language skills are a plus.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.