- Date Posted: October 24, 2022
- Location: Ashford, Washington
- Housing Offered: Yes
- Experience: Some experience required
- Website: http://www.mtrainierguestservices.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (360) 569-2400
Ascending to 14,410 feet above sea level, Mt. Rainier is an iconic point in the Washington landscape. Our associates gain valuable experience here while meeting guests and coworkers from around the world, and in their free time, they have a magical world of pristine mountain meadows, majestic waterfalls, peaceful old-growth forests, and much more to explore! Throughout the year we have regularly scheduled activities and day trips with transportation provided for associates, including trips to nearby adventures or cities like Seattle to visit Pike Place or catch a Mariners game! Employees with vehicles are only a short 2-hour trip away from exploring many destinations like Portland and Seattle on their own.
Because of our unique location, room and board are provided to associates who do not live in one of our surrounding communities at a very low-cost via payroll deduction. Laundry facilities are provided at each dorm unit at no cost to employees. Employee meals are served in Employee Dining Rooms. We can also accommodate a limited number of RV units. All RV’s must be fully self-contained – no camper shells/vans, etc.
Do you naturally reach out to help others, including guests and co-workers? Are you excited by the opportunity to live in a remote and beautiful location? Are you willing and able to work hard? If so, we want to hear from you!
Provide administrative support and assistance to Human Resources Manager and employees. Handle incoming calls, advertise open positions, maintain employment records, and communicate with applicants and payroll. Coordinate safety functions through safety meetings, safety checks, and record keeping. Data-entry intensive.
- Maintain spreadsheets to coordinate communication between HR and payroll.
- Perform many tasks using computer software (MS Office, HRIS, web-based services)
- Prepare and maintain employee files and related information such as hiring forms, I-9’s, W-4’s, and background checks
- Communicate in multiple formats with employees and candidates regarding all aspects of hiring and employment
- Prepare, present (or ensure completion of) and track safety trainings such as monthly safety meetings, BBP, driver, hazard communication, and sharps training
- Ensure safety checks such as fire extinguishers and sprinklers are completed and tracked on a timely basis
- Assist in worker’s compensation follow-up, including documentation and investigation
- Performs such other related duties as directed or required
- Ensure/provide monthly training and manage staff compliance on required training
- Schedule annual inspections and audits
- Act as company representative for Safety Guidance
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. required; Management, Hospitality, or related college degree strongly preferred
- At least 6 months experience in an administrative position required
- Must be service and safety oriented. Must possess a sense of awareness, timelines, urgency, and common sense, and have very strong attention to detail
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to problem solve; experience in complex, fast-paced environments
- Strong knowledge of Office software, especially Word and Excel; ability to quickly learn web-based HR systems
- Requires OSHA Certificate – Safety Expert