- Date Posted: December 11, 2021
- Location: McCall, Idaho
- Company: Shore Lodge - Whitetail Club
- Job Type: Full Time
- Website: http://www.shorelodge.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (208) 630-0226
ASSISTANT EXECUTIVE HOUSEKEEPER SUMMARY:
Our Shore Lodge, Whitetail, The Cove Assistant Executive Housekeepers lead a team of individuals to accomplish day to day housekeeping, laundry, and janitorial responsibilities throughout our property. They provide support to the Executive Housekeeper in all areas of Housekeeping operations, such as staff training and coaching and counseling while consistently inspecting and enforcing adherence to our Standards of Excellence, ensuring the required Shore Lodge, Whitetail, The Cove Standards are exceeded.
WHAT YOU GET TO DO:
- Prepare and implement the departments’ weekly staffing schedule and ensure there is AM/PM supervisory coverage.
- Lead staff in all their duties to include: Room, Turn Down and House Attendants, Laundry, Spa and Public Area Attendants and Whitetail Public Area Attendants.
- Ensure all staff are properly and safely trained and are efficient in their duties.
- Report directly to the Executive Housekeeper with departmental needs and concerns.
- Be knowledgeable with V1 software in order to update rooms, schedule room assignments, generate houseman lists and turn down documents daily.
- Inspect rooms ensuring they are ready for guests and report any damage or mechanical issues to engineering.
- Interface with the front desk and guest services to ensure an efficient flow of communication.
- Inspect public areas, storage, office, and outside facilities as needed and Monitor laundry service and equipment.
- Supervise and/or attend to any housekeeping needs of guests.
- Oversee the operation of the housekeeping department in the absence of the Executive Housekeeper.
- Assist the Executive Housekeeper in monitoring inventory/supplies to ensure sufficient par levels and control loss/waste/theft.
- Ensure, through strong leadership skills, all departmental service goals are met or exceeded.
- Ensure all staff is properly dressed/groomed and always maintain a professional appearance in keeping with organizational policy.
- Monitor and advise Executive Housekeeper concerning the performance of all equipment and chemicals the department utilizes.
- Assist in the transport of staff and supplies throughout the different properties in the organization.
- Assist staff with hands-on duties (cleaning guest rooms and public areas) and fill in for absent staff as needed.
- Have knowledge of the local area, the hotel, and resort amenities.
- Assist in interviewing, selecting, training, scheduling, and counseling of housekeeping staff.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Previous supervisory or housekeeping experience required
- Ability to communicate effectively with and receive information from guests and coworkers
- Ability to multi-task; highly organized and detail oriented
- Excellent customer service skills required