JOB TITLE: Adventure Center Manager
JOB SUMMARY: Supervise, plan, organize and control the Adventure Center and operations to include treetop activities, paintball, rock climbing, archery tag and other related sports and activities affiliated to the Adventure Center.
REPORTS TO: Director of Recreation
PRIMARY DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS:
1. Maintain State amusement inspection certifications.
2. Ensure all safety inspection checklists are completed on a daily, weekly, monthly and yearly basis as required.
3. Develop the various areas where the adventure center activities will take place.
4. Responsible for all banks and accounting related to the area as well inventory control of supplies.
5. File PO’s and order supplies from outside vendors
6. Maintain checkbook accuracy and update as needed.
7. Maintain equipment in good condition. Observe and report any repairs needed on equipment, furniture, fixtures or building
8. Prepare weekly schedule and progress report for the adventure center and ski operation.
9. Oversee all adventure center programs, including treetops, rock wall, archery tag, paintball, ski/snowboard, snow tubing, and ski patrol.
10. Train staff and maintain current training documentation for all staff.
11. Facilitate and plan special events for corporate groups.
12. Promote sales
13. Interview, hire, and discipline staff as necessary.
14. Attend all required meetings and keep all personnel informed of all pertinent information for the Adventure Center.
15. Work with Director of Recreation to develop and implement new activities for the Adventure Center.
16. Continuously look 3 months ahead to make sure the Adventure Center will have all required supplies and personnel to operate efficiently.
SKILLS REQUIRED: Ability to read, write, understand and follow written or verbal instructions. (English) After training, proficiency in fitting and maintaining various pieces of sports equipment is also required. Planning and organizational skills are necessary. Must have a valid driver’s license
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Current certification in CPR, AED, Bloodborne Pathogens, First Aid. PA State Amusement Inspector Certification required. Ability to read and write English is necessary.
PRIOR EXPERIENCE: Previous experience as an outdoor education instructor.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS: Knowledge about adventure sports, the equipment and developing outdoor programs.
1. Must have the ability to conduct operations in a rational manner and make decisions expediently.
2. Must be flexible, able to adapt to changes on short notice.
3. Genuinely enjoy working with the guests.
4. Must be service and safety-oriented.
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Equipment, keys, control sheets, charges and cash, guest releases, treetop safety, ski slope safety, climbing wall safety.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Ability to lift heavy pieces of equipment. Must be able to develop paintball fields, rock climb, and treetop course.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: Schedule includes weekends and holidays, shift work. Work places include the Adventure Center during the spring, summer, and fall, the ski slope during the winter, and various other public area of the hotel.
HAZARDS ENCOUNTERED: Care must be taken to lift equipment properly. Many of the adventure center activities require physical exertion
For more information, and to apply, visit link below:
For more employment opportunities at Skytop, visit link below:
The elegance of nature. The luxury of a timeless retreat. An oasis for adventure.
Discover the Poconos you never knew existed. Just outside the city, an exceptional experience beckons, where families come together and events become extraordinary. Since 1928, this majestic 5,500-acre escape has been the ultimate destination for time-honored traditions and memory-making excursions. Here, the unrivalled old-world charm of our Inn, Lodge and Cottages blends seamlessly with nature’s grandeur and world-class service, all awaiting your arrival.Welcome to Skytop Lodge, the hidden jewel nestled at the top of the Poconos.
Job descriptions are not intended, and should not be construed, to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the requirements of the job, management must reserve the right to add or remove duties from particular jobs when circumstances (e.g. emergencies, changes in workload, rush job, or technological development) dictate. Because of various seasonal requirements, jobs in other areas of the resort may be offered as a replacement for this position to include work in other areas e.g. grounds maintenance, housekeeping, kitchen, etc.
Apply via link
HR: (570) 595-8940