- Date Posted: October 23, 2022
- Location: Grand Canyon, Arizona
- Salary: $15.95 / hour
- Housing Offered: Yes
- Experience: Some experience required
- Website: https://www.xanterrajobs.com
- Email: [email protected]rra.com
- Phone: (928) 638-3333
Join our Food and Beverage team at The Grand Hotel!
Are you enthusiastic about crafting unforgettable dining experiences? The Grand Hotel, located just one mile from the Grand Canyon, operates the Canyon Star Steakhouse, a rustic yet modern steakhouse, and a saloon. We offer opportunities to share your passion for hospitality by working back of house, where you will be preparing our guest’s top-notch meals.
The Advanced Cook is an advanced skill level line cook responsible for preparing steaks and meals and following establishment recipes, including preparing ingredients, adhering to the restaurant menu, and following food health and safety procedures. Cook, clean, assist other cooks and staff, and deliver quality food in a fast-paced environment. Work may include operating a grill, broiler, oven, and fryer.
As our employee, you receive free employee housing through December 21, 2022, discounted meals, employee discounts to explore other Xanterra properties, and a generous benefits program for eligible employees. By working with Xanterra Travel Collection amongst the beauty of The Grand Hotel and Grand Canyon National Park, this is your chance to Live, Work, and Explore in one of the most beautiful places on Earth!
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- At least two years of previous cooking experience in a high volume ala carte or batch production setting.
- Knowledge of food sanitation regulations with the ability to apply these regulations while on the job.
- Advanced knife skills
- Advanced experience working with various stations in the kitchen (broiler, flat top, and steamer).
- Bilingual (English/ Spanish) skills are desired to effectively communicate with all staff.