- Date Posted: November 7, 2023
- Location: Elgin, Texas
- Company: Down Home Ranch, Inc.
- Salary: $16 - $18 an hour
Down Home Ranch, Inc.
Are you a fit for the Ranch?
Down Home Ranch is a community of people who enjoy the outdoors in a rural setting, with access to the eccentric vibe of Austin, Texas. There is an emphasis on learning, being creative and developing oneself personally and professionally – with room to make mistakes. Creating meaningful connections, along with a desire to build relationships is the foundation of the Ranch’s culture.
On our 410-acre Ranch, employees have access to miles of hiking trails, a pool, horticulture, fishing ponds, a woodshop, a makerspace, farm animals, camp sites and more. The community thrives among people who bring their whole self to the mission, are open to growth and enjoy sharing their hobbies and interests with others.
To develop into a leader at the Ranch, the foundation can be taught through training, workshops and on-the-job experience. However, attitude is everything – you must provide excellent customer service, be humble in your attempts and have a passion to support people with intellectual and development disabilities (IDD) to have an interesting life, full of experiences.
Empowering the lives of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities through social, educational, residential and vocational opportunities.
Vision for the Future
We will provide a high quality of life for our residents, offering lifelong opportunities and supporting individual choice. Our programs will make it possible for everyone to benefit from our unique environment.
Our Core Values
- Individual Connection with the Rancher
- Do With, Not For – Lead by Example
- Use Your Skill Set to Move the Mission Forward
- Be of Service
What is the job?
The Activity Director is an exempt salaried full-time manager position located in Day Program, reported to the Director of Client Services. The Manager oversees all aspects of the activities and programming for day program. The Manager supports the mission of Down Home Ranch by ensuring a high level of structured, meaningful community and site based services are implemented on a quarterly bases each year. The Manager will join with other staff in a high-level commitment to provide an excellent quality of life for the individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities served through Ranch programing.
Typical work schedule is Monday through Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm; schedule and hours will be adjusted according to the needs of Down Home Ranch.
Eligible for full time benefits. Find out more about benefits on our website https://www.downhomeranch.org/job-openings/#benefits
- Develop and implement the classes, clubs and events for Day Program that focus on activities that enrich participants’ lives with physical and cognitive exercise and socialization
- Responsible for quarterly schedule of day program activities
- Provide training to staff and ensure their ability to implement assigned classes and activities
- Ability to independently manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Minimum age of 21; excellent driving record and able to pass extensive background investigation
- High School diploma or equivalent. Preferred bachelor’s Degree in the recreation field from accredited college or university or equivalent experience
- Experience as an Activity Director. Preferred completion of activity directors’ course with two years’ experience
- Provides excellent customer service
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 – $18.00 per hour
Expected hours: 32 – 40 per week
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Elgin, TX 78621: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Activity Director: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: In person
Please email at [email protected] for more details or Call us at (512) 856-0128 for futher communication.