- Date Posted: March 15, 2022
- Location: Greenough, Montana
- Job Type: Full Time
- Housing Offered: No
- Experience: No experience required
- Website: http://www.pawsup.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (406) 345-0201
ABOUT THE RESORT AT PAWS UP
Advance your career while spending your summer hanging with the bison and steers at The Resort at Paws Up on a sprawling, 37,000-acre, authentic working cattle ranch in Western Montana. Are you ready for an adventure career? Here at the Resort at Paws Up we are the pioneer in perfecting the peaceful point where promoting the pursuit of personal passion and progressive pay can prosper. We’re all about the magic of Montana, sharing moments, making memories, and building meaningful friendships. Apply today, what’s stopping you?
Is being outdoors your passion? Do you enjoy teaching, guiding, and enriching the lives of others in an outdoor environment? If so, becoming an Activities Guide with The Resort at Paws Up is the job for you. The Activities Guide position allows you to work outside while sharing your love for the area and the activity amenities such as hiking trails, archery, skeet shooting, ATV trails, ropes course, river and lake crafts and the list goes on.
We are currently seeking adventurists, sports enthusiasts, outgoing individuals, and customer-focused applicants with a strong work ethic to join our Activities department for our summer.
The role of the Activities Guide is to provide and lead guests on recreational expeditions via hikes, archery, mountain biking, ropes challenge course, ATV trails, climbing, skeet shootings, and water activities.
Primary Functions and Responsibilities
- Lead guests on hikes, archery, mountain biking, challenge course, ATV, climbing, and skeet shooting, river, and lake expeditions.
- Preform safety and instruction of each guided activity to participants.
- Lead expeditions independently for maximum of twelve attendees.; Co-lead expeditions for a maximum of twenty-four attendees.
- Operate company vehicles properly and provided proper operation instruction to guests.
- Pilot a river raft down Class II and (very limited) Class III whitewater.
- Operate and give instruction in inflatable kayaking Class II & III, flat-water canoeing and kayaking,
- Operate and pilot a ski/powerboat while, towing a water-skier (wake boarder, etc.) on a medium sized lake.
- Provide safety and operation instruction on riding a Personal Water Craft (jet ski) and behind ski/powerboat to guests.
- Lead and ride on single-track, jeep trails, log roads, and dirt roads as well as giving instruction to all ability levels on mountain bikes and All Terrain Vehicles (ATVs).
- Paddle hard shell canoes and sea-kayaks on a flatwater Lake and Class I water/river conditions while instructing guests in activity.
- Instruct and operate with guests 20-guage & 12-guage shotguns, .22 Long Rifles, and recurve and compound bows for archery.
- Guide hikes, with an emphasis on naturalism on Resort property and nearby National Forests, State Forests, and BLM Land.
- Instruct and guide guests on rock climbing and mountaineering.
- Perform physical and administrative duties for the preparation and end of each activity expedition.
- Keep attention to guests in relation to health-related matters such as physical exertion, sunstroke, and reminding guest to hydrate and to apply sunscreen.
- Work with a variety of personalities and ages to make clients feel safe and comfortable, while delivering information in an understandable manner with respect to individual learning preferences.
- Remain calm under pressure; handle crisis management as it unfolds and remain flexible to change as events happen.
- Be organized and detail oriented, utilizing checklists or other systems to ensure no task is left undone; anticipate events and plan; prepare for the unexpected; remain focused on the result.
- Be helpful, respectful, approachable and team oriented, building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Assist guests in filling out appropriate departmental forms.
- Possess strong customer service focus striving for high guest satisfaction and going out of the way to be helpful and pleasant.
- Assist in managing inventory of Activities Department equipment and supplies.
- Assist with on-site set up and clean up for activities.
- Maintain equipment.
- Work closely with Activities management, co-workers and other departments on providing effective communication, planning, and organization to ensure all activity needs are met.
- Promote resort activities to guests.
- Maintain up-to-date awareness of Resort information and amenities.
- Perform department opening and closing duties.
- Interact with children, parents, co-workers, guests, co-workers, and management in a professional and caring manner.
- Answer phones in a timely and courteous manner while following the company’s phone etiquette standards.
- Converse with the guests at a high level, being aware of their needs and fulfill special guest requests as instructed by management or the guest directly.
- Ensure confidentiality of guests before and throughout their stay.
- Assist with guest activities issues accurately and promptly.
- Follow and complete daily department checklists.
- Maintain clean and clear work environment while staying organized and efficient.
- Maintain a high level of attention to detail at all time.
- Communicate and maintain timelines and priorities.
- Administer basic First Aid and CPR when needed and during emergency situations.
- Assist in other activity assignments and duties as assigned.
Supportive Functions and Responsibilities
- Display hospitality and professionalism to our guests and team members at all times, take pride in representing The Resort at Paws Up professionally with our guests and assure that all transactions with guests are handled in a legal, ethical, and confidential manner.
- Maintain a favorable working relationship with all Resort team members to foster and promote a positive working environment.
- Maintain a clean and neat appearance at all times.
- Perform work in a safe and high-quality manner.
Educational, Experience, Licensure Required
- High school diploma, GED or vocational training or job-related course work; Education in Outdoor Recreation preferred, not required
- Creditable experience in teaching and/or outdoor guiding
- Minimum 2 years of experience in customer service
- Proficient ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment while remaining organized and prioritizing workload throughout the day
- Has a friendly and professional manner under periods of high demands and with guest, team members, and management
- Valid CPR/First Aid Certification
- Valid State Driver’s License