- Date Posted: December 11, 2021
- Location: , Big Sky, Montana
- Company: Yellowstone Club
- Job Type: Full Time
- Website: http://www.yellowstoneclub.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: 406-995-7909 ext. 1308
The Yellowstone Club’s Accounting office is looking for an Accounting Intern to join their team. The Accounting Intern is responsible for the accounting and administrative tasks related to the efficient maintenance and processing of accounting transactions for Yellowstone Club and related entities. Position is currently located in Yellowstone Club’s Bozeman office.
- Assist with the following accounting duties:
- Ad hoc accounting, budgeting & finance projects
- Assist with month-end close process
- Paper & electronic filing/record keeping
- Mailing of vendor payments
- AP invoice entry/posting
- Vendor monthly statement/outstanding invoice reconciliation
- Assist with balance sheet reconciliations
- Reconcile credit card deposits
- Interim and year-end audit request preparation
SUMMARY OF EXPECTATIONS OF THIS POSITION:
- Adheres to Yellowstone Club’s policies and procedures;
- Performs duties as workload necessitates;
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude;
- Communicates regularly and effectively with all employees, supervisors, managers & Accounting Team;
- Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload;
- Consistently reports to work on time prepared to perform duties of position;
- Meets departmental productivity, organization and consistency standards;
- Complies with laws, ordinances and regulations governing employment law; and
- Performs work in a safe and high quality manner.
- Attendance/ Punctuality and Dependability: Depended upon to report to work at the scheduled time, is seldom absent from work, and keeps unplanned absences to a minimum. Employee follows company policy of reporting/planning absences and going through the correct channels to request time off. Completes work in a timely, accurate and thorough manner, is conscientious about assignments and deadlines.
- Normal Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 8am – 5pm, occasional weekends, as directed or approved by supervisor.
- Office Hours: Accounting Department is open from Monday to Friday, 8am – 5pm.
- Teamwork and Flexibility: Ability to help and share knowledge or expertise with others. Responds and adapts positively to new ideas, requests, and/or changing situations. Provides meaningful feedback and responds well to constructive criticism.
- Communication and contact: Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues and individuals inside and outside the company. Presents information and expresses ideas in a clear, concise, and in a well-organized manner; demonstrates grammatical prose when drafting letters, memoranda, and other forms of written communication. Listens attentively and provides appropriate feedback to ensure understanding.
- Relationships with others: Provides cooperative, responsive, and courteous service to clients and staff. Exhibits a professional and courteous demeanor and responds positively, yet quickly to special requirements or circumstances; works to maintain constructive working relationships.
- Initiative and Productivity: Initiates work activities, seeks responsibility, and makes efforts to improve knowledge and skills. Employee thinks along original lines, finds new and effective ways of doing jobs, and makes suggestions for improvements. Volume of work consistently done in relation to the volume considered to be a standard requirement of the job. Frequency of need for overtime is kept to a minimum and wise use of time during a normal workday. Accuracy, attention to detail, thoroughness, and neatness.
- Judgment and Analytical Ability: Seeks clarification when unsure. Knows when to consult and when to act independently. Keeps supervisor informed of status and potential problems. Correctly determines work priorities and treats confidential information appropriately.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms and other office procedures and terminology.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office products – Word, Excel, and Outlook
Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency in the use of relevant accounting software/database sights and Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to quality and detail.
- The ability to work well independently.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to maintain sound working relationships and communications with management, staff, and vendors.
- Troubleshooting – determining causes of errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Professional appearance and presentation.
Education and Experience:
- Previous Accounts Payable or general accounting experience or knowledge preferred.
- Proficiency in software applications preferred; Jonas knowledge a plus.
- Seeking degree; in business, finance, accounting, or related field.
- Prefer junior or senior level applicants.
- Proven experience using communication and organizational skills to accomplish goals.
- Similar combination of education and experience.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk and hear.
- The employee may be required to:
- Lift items weighing up to 25 pounds;
- have face-to-face discussions with individuals or teams;
- may work exposed to sounds and noise levels that are distracting and uncomfortable without hearing protection;
- be exact and accurate; and
- work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Please visit our website to apply.